+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Targets in the January window

Targets in the January window

I'd like to see us bring in a keeper who can actually catch a cross and is not afraid to command his box, - as I'm sure we'd eliminate a lot of silly goals like we witnessed against St. Mirren.

It would also be brilliant to bring our very own Kevin Holt on loan from Dundee as he has not featured for several weeks in their team and has been an un-used sub for ages!

With Jordan Marshall limping off on Saturday we may be particularly short in that area of the field, - and then sadly Kyle Jacobs looked as though he'd done something to his cruciate ligaments, - and big Holty could do a job there too.
    Last edited by jardi; 27-12-2017 at 08:45 AM.

I wouldn't mind getting Joe Thomson in and Dom Thomas again. Not sure about the loan players rules and unaware of Kane and Kerr's Perth returns in January or not.

a bit of quality in the centre of midfield is what we need someone who can drive forward when on the ball .the kane lad is getting better each game for us ,hope we can keep him which is great for the striking department ,maybe a left winger is needed aswell .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I'd like to see us bring in a keeper who can actually catch a cross and is not afraid to command his box, - as I'm sure we'd eliminate a lot of silly goals like we witnessed against St. Mirren.

It would also be brilliant to bring our very own Kevin Holt on loan from Dundee as he has not featured for several weeks in their team and has been an un-used sub for ages!

With Jordan Marshall limping off on Saturday we may be particularly short in that area of the field, - and then sadly Kyle Jacobs looked as though he'd done something to his cruciate ligaments, - and big Holty could do a job there too.
    Jardi I fully understand the need for a commanding goalkeeper but does such a thing still exist in the game at any level. Watching the EPL highlights amongst others it looks to me as though that particular skill is no longer taught to keepers with most simply rooted to the spot. This was clearly evident in Kane's first goal against Southampton when he headed in from around two yards out and this was from a free kick, against an international keeper and not a corner where the current practice is to block the guy on the line. I can think of no visiting goalie having the skills you are looking for unfortunately.

We certainly need cover for the defence and midfield in January with Joe Thomson certainly fitting these requirements. Jacobs will be a big miss with most of his ball winning not fully appreciated and Jordan has been one of our most consistent performers over the last few seasons.

We let two keepers go who could do just that, - and one of them is at Annan!

Spike you are right about many keepers though, which is something I find difficult to fathom.

I'm a great advocate of the keeper who doubles as a sweeper, commands his box at corners and swiftly turns defence into attack with a swift throw or well aimed kick.

However, I fear that the double whammy of Jacobs and Marshall may well mean that we must concentrate on more immediate matters in defence and midfield. Holty would certainly fill one of those holes admirably and bring a few extra punters back through the turnstyles as well.

The above is a list of the SPL players ready to deal with other clubs regarding their futures. Not many are realistic targets for Queens but Joe Thomson could be.

Queens Loyal on Facebook reporting that Joe Thomson was spotted leaving Palmerston this afternoon, so hopefully that's him signed up until May on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Queens Loyal on Facebook reporting that Joe Thomson was spotted leaving Palmerston this afternoon, so hopefully that's him signed up until May on loan.
    For me mcfadden should be playing a more central role in midfield, playing just behind the front two. He moved into that position against new saints and proved how good a player he is. His first touch is superb and he can see a pass before most. Not graced with much pace but he never has been but he has a good positional sense and won't have to do much running in that role with Jacobs behind him. So the answer to our playmaking midfielder is sitting on the bench each week imo

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    The above is a list of the SPL players ready to deal with other clubs regarding their futures. Not many are realistic targets for Queens but Joe Thomson could be.

Joe Thomson will sign on loan for us again after being spotted at training this week. Smashing player who needs regular football. My worry though is who'll replace Kerr and how bad is the injuries to Marshall & Jacobs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)