+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

St Mirren

Hope you all had a good Christmas but it's back to it Friday night (No idea why there were no games yesterday but that's Scottish football bosses for you). Without a doubt the most important game of the season and losing Fyvie is a blow. But as has been pointed out, Fyvie has been absent for a couple of wins a few weeks back, including St Mirren at Tannadice so we should be able to cope. Indeed utilising the squad will be important as the season goes on and I'd like to think we've got a bit more in the locker in that area, particularly if we can get a couple of bodies in next month.

I feel there is more pressure on St Mirren for this one - they are at home, they have seen us claw our way back over the last couple of months and they know that a defeat will put us top with a game in hand with Brechin to follow, while they have an away Derby at Morton (where they lost 4-1 earlier in the season). Defeat for us, whilst not great would not be a disaster, while defeat for St Mirren could act as the tipping point which allows us to break free over the next few weeks.

Overall, heart says 2-1 United, head says 1-1.

An action packed 3-1 win for United with Quinn heading home a corner kick in the 27th minute, Sam Stanton puts United further ahead with a spectacular volley in the 41st minute. Scott McDonald adds another in the 79th before St Mirren score a meaningless goal in the 92nd.

Big test, but we're much improved. Great chance to damage them. I think there will be goals, heart says 2-3
    head says 2-2. C'mon United.

Pretty much spot on James

keep thinking its Friday tomorrow!! Think if we win this one its corner well and truly turned as they say. Its not a crunch game but still a win or even a draw would be helpful. Our post christmases are patchy - i do think saints will try and kick us off park and fyvie missing is a blow. Hope Willo 100%

Hi folks, hope you all had a good Christmas.
    St Mirren are no great shakes, could have been cuffed in their last game if the QOTS defence hadn't handed out early Christmas presents.
    In fairness though it will be a very tough game on Friday and they will be at us from kickoff. Losing Fyvie for this one is a blow, just hope Willo can make the full 90. 1-1 draw would be reasonable.

A draw would be a very decent result, no result decides anything with a home game to come against them and a game in hand, a win would be fantastic, since March they have only lose 1 home game in the league just like us, drew a couple and won the rest

Still got them at Tannadice on 3rd of March,I'd say pressure on them this time , trot down to Paisley and give them a wee lesson on good passing football and throw in a couple of cracking goals ,The lads got to just go down there and enjoy the game

Still cant bring myself to believe!

Fyvie out and still not 100% sure about Flood, i would say Murdoch to get a good weeks coaching for what he came here to do in the first place! Then i look at the local chippie paper with Robson making a hit o himsel and i can see Scobbie taking up LB, Murdoch RB with a not fit enough Flood taking up his place.

With Fraser and Stanton putting in a bit more effort and we might get a draw!

I did think they would be a major threat to our hopes of promotion and Paisley has been a graveyard for us in the past,avoiding defeat will be a major bonus.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)