+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football supporters

Football supporters

It's nice to know that those who run Scottish football are always looking to put the punters first.

All the spl games today kick off at 19-45 pm.

Lots of people are on holiday, some might want to take thei kids to a game, if it's an away game, what time will you get home especially if you have your kids with ?

It's obviously better to drive in the dark, when it's starting to freeze up again.

No wonder crowds are dwindling,high gate prices and moving dates and kick off times,

Merry Christmas to all dees !

supporters in scotland have been deserting the game in droves for years now
    what have the sfa/pl done about it ,absolutely nothing
    what have we as a club done about it?

what should all the clubs chairmen outwith celtic and the rangers do about their fans singing their sectarian songs,absolutely everything to get it stopped?will they will they fooook,will the sfa/pl do anything ?will they foook

the dons and celtic games tv highlights showed quite embarrassing large empty spaces within our home ends,will our board look at ways to address this,dina hold yir breath

the scottish game is on its knees im afraid and may well be in its death throws,its needs totally transformed and now

Summer football to start, or at least more midweek games in summer months, these should always be between closest teams, do away with the friendly that Celtic and Dons played at start of season, the money maker that leaves a team idol first week in

I think BT sport coverage has been good for our game and they present it fairly well without taking themselves too seriously.

Sky are only interested in the old firm games.

Dfc have done little to promote our games and what I said would happen when they capitulated to the council and police re the Derry has happened. Nobody at Dens seems to be accountable for this though.

Our lowest home crowds are now against the bigger clubs and largest against the smallest.....why this is....a more competitive game....no hoardes of an away support to deal with....just the slightly lower price or a combination of all 3 em no sure.

Good news is we have got a manager who passionately cares about the club and fans.....the board em not sure to be honest but at least they haven't got us into financial difficulties.

Love to see the club really promoting the Scottish cup ties....get a bit of momentum and excitement going.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I think BT sport coverage has been good for our game and they present it fairly well without taking themselves too seriously.

Sky are only interested in the old firm games.

Dfc have done little to promote our games and what I said would happen when they capitulated to the council and police re the Derry has happened. Nobody at Dens seems to be accountable for this though.

Our lowest home crowds are now against the bigger clubs and largest against the smallest.....why this is....a more competitive game....no hoardes of an away support to deal with....just the slightly lower price or a combination of all 3 em no sure.

Good news is we have got a manager who passionately cares about the club and fans.....the board em not sure to be honest but at least they haven't got us into financial difficulties.

Love to see the club really promoting the Scottish cup ties....get a bit of momentum and excitement going.
    You’d think Steve Martin, by now, would have the balls to approach the yanks with these issues, or is hé still on his knees

i started off in the auld stand enclosure,no need for a tkt and in its day prob held more than todays capacity
    moved to the Derry as you do and also enjoyed seeing the 2nd half the way we were shooting
    then Derry for the full game
    over to the coxy once the meddlers started meddling with Derry
    then over to the main stand once the stupid absolutely bonkers you will queue twice for a tkt system came into force even though the ground may well be less than 55% below capacity,
    add to that the sanitisation of the Derry killing the atmosphere of the once hotbed of the clubs vocal backing and then add into the mix the cost of entry,then its little wonder there are open spaces within the ground

totally endorse rros view re the scottish cup,lets grasp this years competition and launch the ties by making it special .just a little imagination is needed,give the away team the bare min of tkts and get the local footall kids in the shankley along with families for £3 a head and lower the adult entrance to £10 and sit anywhere in any of the other 3 sides that you choose,attend the 1st tie and you get a voucher for any potential next home game to guarntee entrance

i remember way back to my 1st two scottish cup games both on a sunday aberdeen away/rangers away,loved that comp and never missed a tie home or away after that for about 25years or so,i wonder how many of todays 20 year olds can recall their 1st s/cup game.lets make it special again as it used to be
    Last edited by shaded; 29-12-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    i started off in the auld stand enclosure,no need for a tkt and in its day prob held more than todays capacity
    moved to the Derry as you do and also enjoyed seeing the 2nd half the way we were shooting
    then Derry for the full game
    over to the coxy once the meddlers started meddling with Derry
    then over to the main stand once the stupid absolutely bonkers you will queue twice for a tkt system came into force even though the ground may well be less than 55% below capacity,
    add to that the sanitisation of the Derry killing the atmosphere of the once hotbed of the clubs vocal backing and then add into the mix the cost of entry,then its little wonder there are open spaces within the ground

totally endorse rros view re the scottish cup,lets grasp this years competition and launch the ties by making it special .just a little imagination is needed,give the away team the bare min of tkts and get the local footall kids in the shankley along with families for £3 a head and lower the adult entrance to £10 and sit anywhere in any of the other 3 sides that you choose,attend the 1st tie and you get a voucher for any potential next home game to guarntee entrance

i remember way back to my 1st two scottish cup games both on a sunday aberdeen away/rangers away,loved that comp and never missed a tie home or away after that for about 25years or so,i wonder how many of todays 20 year olds can recall their 1st s/cup game.lets make it special again as it used to be
    Cup is special to those of a certain vintage mate.

But it can be so so so much bigger to everybody again with a bit of thought and imagination.

Instead of their being prize money what a boot if the sponsors subsidized a standard entry up to and including quarter finals....semis and final could take care of itself.

Some huge crowds for many provincial club's back in the day and huge travelling supports that have melted away like snow off a dyke.

Dundee taking thousands to pittodrie 85 or 86 I think for a midweek replay...same for the tic replay early eighties....biggest away support by far that I've seen from the Dee at the tatties dome. Don't think they did official figs back then but 5000 rings a bell.

The 3 games v the Dabs when we went out in 2nd replay were classics as well, robbed of a great comeback in 1st replay.

Throw in the games at ibrox in the 80s and there have been good times for Dundee in the Scottish.

On a side note the BBC advert for it is good.

Hopefully we can dispatch ICT and look forward to a good draw.

Hopefully NM can get the players up for it, then fans can buy into it

After three years of cup capitulations in all cup competitions under Hartley, it would be good if we could put in a good performance against against itc.
    Hopefully with some new faces , striker included
    A good away tie with a big Dundee support in the next round !

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    After three years of cup capitulations in all cup competitions under Hartley, it would be good if we could put in a good performance against against itc.
    Hopefully with some new faces , striker included
    A good away tie with a big Dundee support in the next round !
    I always think that getting to the quarters is the benchmark and anything over that is an overachievement but we have fell short of the quarters so many times it's horrendous.

You need the belief, luck, a decent side, the stars to align and celtic to have an off day against an aberdeen or hearts or hibs to win the cup but I refuse to believe I won't see it in my lifetime.

We wouldn't have lost to st mirren in 87 and we could have taken an out on their feet rangers team in extra time if we cuda sneaked a leveller so we have been very close.....if your aunty had *******s she would be uncle I know but very fine margins in cup football in scotland and still confident I'll see the mighty lift it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)