Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Nouvelle cuisine - Festive lunch at Hilton Hotel, St Andrews St

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You could aye get a kebab on the wye hame.
    I went for a sesh in Benidorm last night and fancied a kebaber on the way home. Went in and had a look at the menu and thought i'd try the calamari instead (battered squid rings if you like). Taxi back, sat down, opened it up and took a bite..... F*ckin onion rings the fly f*ckers.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,755
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I went for a sesh in Benidorm last night and fancied a kebaber on the way home. Went in and had a look at the menu and thought i'd try the calamari instead (battered squid rings if you like). Taxi back, sat down, opened it up and took a bite..... F*ckin onion rings the fly f*ckers.
    Better than the opposite which im sure many have done before "ah f@cking gadz min that nae a f@cking inging"

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    7QUOTE=Aldo1983;38744300]You should ken though. It's not a blind date.
    Aye, mebbe, but it is possible to be blindsided......say yer first time in a funcy place for an anniversary or the like, or if you're awa fae hame someplace.

    It's possible to have a nice, high-end, "occasion" type restaurant without going down the Nouvelle route.[/QUOTE]

    You shouldn't get blindsided. The price will generally dictate the style. I'd always check the place out online first.

  4. #24
    The occasional disapointment is inevitable, more than compensated for by the times things are better than expected.

    We have a generation that are genuinely afraid of surprises.

    My biggest and most expensive meal of the year tonight.

    It's a set menu, all be it a choice between courses, and I have absolutely no idea what the menu will be.

    Apart from about 5 courses with champagne etc.

    Actually I have no idea what the price will be, I just book the table about Halloween.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,755
    Nouvelle cuisine would go down a treat just now as the food is f@cking awful here

    Last trip someone found staples in rice

    This trip, someone found a hook(for jakets that you screw into the wall) in one of the cakey type puddings

    I eat 1 salad(usually tuna) a day and have done for about a year. None of my clothes fit me at home

  6. #26
    Ah, so all is now revealed.

    It's nae fitba trips you go on when you're home it's foodie trips.

    Rapid Wien Schnitzel is the attraction

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,755
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Ah, so all is now revealed.

    It's nae fitba trips you go on when you're home it's foodie trips.

    Rapid Wien Schnitzel is the attraction

    By the time im heading back here I fit my clothes due to the beer weight.

    My trips are in fact fitba and beer tasting. Im not even kidding. 38 new beers last trip.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 31-12-2017 at 11:21 AM.

  8. #28
    Programs and beermats to adorn the Pacman walls.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,755
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Programs and beermats to adorn the Pacman walls.
    Fitba scarves and thumbs u photos actually. You don't get programmes everywhere these days so you would be incomplete. Scarves are universal

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The occasional disapointment is inevitable, more than compensated for by the times things are better than expected.

    We have a generation that are genuinely afraid of surprises.

    My biggest and most expensive meal of the year tonight.

    It's a set menu, all be it a choice between courses, and I have absolutely no idea what the menu will be.

    Apart from about 5 courses with champagne etc.

    Actually I have no idea what the price will be, I just book the table about Halloween.
    That's the whole point of fine dining. You don't know what to expect. Trying things you wouldn't normally consider or having food taste and presented like you can't do at home.

  11. #31
    Hemmin, I can cook.

    Anyway, you just said folk should check restaurants out online so that they don't get a surprise.

    Ach, never mind, tonight's the night for posh nosh, I'll send in a report when I get hame.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Hemmin, I can cook.

    Anyway, you just said folk should check restaurants out online so that they don't get a surprise.

    Ach, never mind, tonight's the night for posh nosh, I'll send in a report when I get hame.
    I mean like the folk on here just looking for their plate filled to the brim of pub grub getting caught out going to a 6 course tasting menu for 100.

    Be like one of those bellends that takes pictures of their food and send us it.

  13. #33
    There is no f'uckin way I'm photographing food in a restaurant.


    I'm a bit inbetween, I find the thought of a tasting menu bizarre ( for middle class arseholes)

    Likewise the thought that tasteless s'hite is acceptable as long as there's plenty of it.

  14. #34
    I remember going to one of the early Granite City Supporters Club dinner and dances.

    One lad was moaning to the waitress because it wiznae coapy loaf with his soup.

    I thought he was joking to begin with but alas no.





    Sometimes I have to admit to being a wee bit of a snob.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,755
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

    Ach, never mind, tonight's the night for posh nosh, .
    One can only dream

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    23,755
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

    Ach, never mind, tonight's the night for posh nosh, .
    One can only dream

  17. #37
    Nae tasting menu here
    Stappit after the starter and soup

  18. #38
    Jesus Christ I can hardly move.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Foggy Dump
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Jesus Christ I can hardly move.
    Heart failure ?

  20. #40
    Nah, I made it to 2018

    Touch and go though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •