+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nouvelle cuisine - Festive lunch at Hilton Hotel, St Andrews St

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You could aye get a kebab on the wye hame.
    I went for a sesh in Benidorm last night and fancied a kebaber on the way home. Went in and had a look at the menu and thought i'd try the calamari instead (battered squid rings if you like). Taxi back, sat down, opened it up and took a bite..... F*ckin onion rings the fly f*ckers.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I went for a sesh in Benidorm last night and fancied a kebaber on the way home. Went in and had a look at the menu and thought i'd try the calamari instead (battered squid rings if you like). Taxi back, sat down, opened it up and took a bite..... F*ckin onion rings the fly f*ckers.
    Better than the opposite which im sure many have done before "ah f@cking gadz min that nae a f@cking inging"

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    7QUOTE=Aldo1983;38744300]You should ken though. It's not a blind date.
    Aye, mebbe, but it is possible to be blindsided......say yer first time in a funcy place for an anniversary or the like, or if you're awa fae hame someplace.

It's possible to have a nice, high-end, "occasion" type restaurant without going down the Nouvelle route.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't get blindsided. The price will generally dictate the style. I'd always check the place out online first.

The occasional disapointment is inevitable, more than compensated for by the times things are better than expected.

We have a generation that are genuinely afraid of surprises.

My biggest and most expensive meal of the year tonight.

It's a set menu, all be it a choice between courses, and I have absolutely no idea what the menu will be.

Apart from about 5 courses with champagne etc.

Actually I have no idea what the price will be, I just book the table about Halloween.

Nouvelle cuisine would go down a treat just now as the food is f@cking awful here

Last trip someone found staples in rice

This trip, someone found a hook(for jakets that you screw into the wall) in one of the cakey type puddings

I eat 1 salad(usually tuna) a day and have done for about a year. None of my clothes fit me at home

Ah, so all is now revealed.

It's nae fitba trips you go on when you're home it's foodie trips.

Rapid Wien Schnitzel is the attraction

Ah, so all is now revealed.

It's nae fitba trips you go on when you're home it's foodie trips.

Rapid Wien Schnitzel is the attraction

By the time im heading back here I fit my clothes due to the beer weight.

My trips are in fact fitba and beer tasting. Im not even kidding. 38 new beers last trip.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 31-12-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Programs and beermats to adorn the Pacman walls.

Programs and beermats to adorn the Pacman walls.
    Fitba scarves and thumbs u photos actually. You don't get programmes everywhere these days so you would be incomplete. Scarves are universal

The occasional disapointment is inevitable, more than compensated for by the times things are better than expected.

We have a generation that are genuinely afraid of surprises.

My biggest and most expensive meal of the year tonight.

It's a set menu, all be it a choice between courses, and I have absolutely no idea what the menu will be.

Apart from about 5 courses with champagne etc.

Actually I have no idea what the price will be, I just book the table about Halloween.
    That's the whole point of fine dining. You don't know what to expect. Trying things you wouldn't normally consider or having food taste and presented like you can't do at home.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast