+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Van Dijk to Liverpool £75M

Van Dijk to Liverpool £75M

Virgil van Dijk will join Liverpool from Southampton for £75million when the January transfer window opens on New Year's Day.
    Liverpool announced the signing on Twitter as they posted a picture of Van Dijk posing with a Reds shirt standing in front of a Christmas tree at his house.
    Van Dijk completed a medical on Wednesday after Liverpool and Southampton reached an agreement over a £75m fee for the centre back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...van-Dijk.html#

He is never a £75m player- they have been robbed

Everyone knows that the transfer fee is way over the top. They could have had Keane for less than half of that fee, and an equally as good a player to go with it. Are Liverpool becoming Southampton in disguise? Klopp has been under a lot of pressure to sort out his leaky defence. I believe it will take more than Van Dijk to plug the gaps that keep regularly occurring.

Liverpool’s world-record £75 million deal for Southampton’s Virgil van Dijk is set to net Celtic a £7.5m windfall.
    The Anfield club announced the signing, from 1 January, yesterday, breaking the record fee for a defender. Celtic signed the 26-year-old Dutchman from Groningen for £2.6m in 2013 and raked in £13m when they sold him to the Saints two years later, adding a ten per cent sell-on clause.
    The latest fee eclipses the £54m paid by Manchester City for England full-back Kyle Walker from Tottenham during the summer.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...deal-1-4648448

Good news for us if Tarks is in demand as the papers say, pushes the price of defenders up so we now have a 50m+ instead of 30m Defender

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I believe it will take more than Van Dijk to plug the gaps that keep regularly occurring.
    Finger in the Dijk?

Mee now £50 million, Tarkowski now £50 million but would we sell either of them in January?

For me, there is absolutely no chance and I seriously expect both of them to have massively improved extensions to their contracts offered anytime soon.

Attachment 7783

£75 Million for a player who IMO is good but not exceptional is astonishing, it looks good for the likes of Mee and Tarky, but being realistic it is 3 quarters of what an ordinary Club in the PL earns in one year.

The 75 Million may benefit Southampton in the short term, but in the long term the BIG 6 will pull away from "ordinary" Clubs leaving them to suffer worse than they do now with not being able to compete in a fair and proper manner.

I hate what our favourite national sport has become, level playing field my arse, The FA and Sky along with world governing bodies should have capped this a long time ago but just sit on their greedy hands raking the money in at the expense of our game suffering.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)