+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bairns v Doonhamers

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Suffering a defeat is bad enough but having to endure the dirge on Social Media is almost unbearable. In over 60 years supporting Queens I have put thru the wringer in far worse situations at present. However I regularly despair at the knee jerk reaction on here and elsewhere.

I'm sure the players are bemused at some of the comments which appear and I'm sure most diehard supporters are not impressed either.

Constructive comment is always welcome but below the belt comments are counter productive in my opinion.
    Unbelievable post from somebody who only last year was trying to encouraged more people to post on here. Whatever happened to freedom of speech ?

You can’t keep editing or deleting posts just because you don’t agree with them

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Unbelievable post from somebody who only last year was trying to encouraged more people to post on here. Whatever happened to freedom of speech ?

You can’t keep editing or deleting posts just because you don’t agree with them
    Absolute claptrap - we have banned one person and edited one post in the past year - Everyone is allowed free speech on here if you obey the simple rules and using common sense. For those who think that free speech is not allowed on here then give me an example(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Oh behave.
    I`ve supported our beloved team for 50 years and like you have seen some dreadful stuff. That said it`s utterly naive to think immediate comment (good and bad) won`t come through social media. The players will fully appreciate that fact and as long as fans are generally positive in terms of support during a match why would the players care what appears on here. I`d be amazed if many of them even read it.
    I am fully aware of social media issues having founded this site and run it for around 17 years and you will be surprised who reads this site and who cares about the content.

I am fully aware of social media issues having founded this site and run it for around 17 years and you will be surprised who reads this site and who cares about the content.

well what concern is it of yours if someone takes a dislike to say one of my posts surely the person that takes offence can take it up with me ,then thay would be told the same ,its my opinion like it or lump it mate ,thats the simple answer thay would get from me lol .

Fair enough, I stand corrected on that aspect.
    Like you I totally support free speech on here within the context of it being within grounds of what is legal and decent. If people from the club and/or the players are upset by any criticism on here then in all honesty it says more about them than it does about those who post. Nobody forces them to read it. If they don`t like what they see don`t read it going forward. Caring about the content and being upset by anything adverse aren`t the same thing.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 01-01-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Absolute claptrap - we have banned one person and edited one post in the past year - Everyone is allowed free speech on here if you obey the simple rules and using common sense. For those who think that free speech is not allowed on here then give me an example(s)

Ehhh , you edited THREE posts on Boxing Day on the Queens v St Mirren thread

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Ehhh , you edited THREE posts on Boxing Day on the Queens v St Mirren thread
    They were all the same references

They were all the same references

And what exactly was wrong with saying Victoria Thomson is Lyndon Dykes agent ?????

Scottish League Championship Falkirk 3 Queen of the South 2 Admission £14 (concession), although there appears to be a £2 surcharge for paying on the day. Programme £3 (dreadfully short of material, packed with advertising, a very poor effort). Macaroni Pie £1.90 Tea £1.50 (both very good and very reasonably priced).
    I had intended doing Montrose on the Saturday but when I saw the cost of a day return from Glasgow, where I was staying, had second thoughts. It was £31 even with my senior railcard and only a pound less to Arbroath so these were both discounted in favour of two teams I had never seen before - Airdrieonians and Alloa; no problems with the weather here as it is 3G. However, on making a routine check on the club's twitter feed the following morning I discovered to my chagrin that it had been called off following a pitch inspection, particularly perplexing as temperatures had risen consider4ably overnight. So as Livingston was also off it had to be Falkirk.
    Falkirk Grahamstoun - the closest station to the ground - is served by trains from Glasgow Queen Street and the journey takes 40 minutes. From the station, which is right next to their former Brockville home now a Morrisons store, it is a good 30 minute walk, which I broke up with a visit to the disappointing Behind the Wall GBG entry. Falkirk Stadium looms up quite soon as you walk from the town but when you get there you are faced with the strange sight of three very impressive stands and a gaping hole on the far side. The West Stand, the only initial construction is a huge two tier 4200 seat affair and two stands have been built at either end, each with a capacity of 2000. The club hope to build another 2000 seater stand here but there is no time scale for this. As the stadium falls within the disaster area around the Grangemouth Petro-Chemical works the capacity has been restricted to 10000 by the local authority. As it is the effect of what would otherwise be an excellent stadium is spoiled by the absence of any structure on that side. The North Stand which has 6 blocks was not in use, with the few away fans put in the end block of the West Stand, whilst the South Stand with five blocks and a disabled area at the front at either end was populated by the Falkirk ultras. The pitch here is 3G and played very well in an entertaining encounter in which Falkirk, without a home win this season to that point, raced into a 3-0 lead immediately before half time before Queen of the South pulled one back in stoppage time. The visitors dominated the second half but could only pull back one goal deep in stoppage time. Sad to see the club relocated so far out of town but an enjoyable day out nonetheless ... and 16 more Scottish League grounds to do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)