+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers v Sons

Two guys who get a lot of stick had fine games so I'm pleased with that . Namely Alan Martin and Scott Mercer. Mercer - considering he is a right footed player- competed well and got forward despite having to often check inside onto his stronger foot. Martin had at least two very good saves that saved us from an undeserved loss. Felt there was a lack of confidence - especially up front - and we didn't really look like nicking a winner. I like big Rooney . He is a big , strapping boy that at least is always wanting to bomb forward. I'm wondering if Naysmith could play him right midfield to absolve him of some his defensive responsibilities and tell him to get to the line and get the ball over quickly. When we get our defensive cover back that is.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 02-01-2018 at 06:01 PM.

I agree wholeheartedly about both Mercer and martin today both of whom were excellent. As I have said many times before we are crying out for some creativity from midfield and this should be the number one priority if we are looking to sign player in the coming month. Unfortunately the poor crowds will limit our options especially when considering the clubs were are competing against and when Dunfermline can muster crowds in excess of 7000 like today I fear we will be left to squabble over the cast off's rather than the better class players we need.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Two guys who get a lot of stick had fine games so I'm pleased with that . Namely Alan Martin and Scott Mercer. Mercer - considering he is a right footed player- competed well and got forward despite having to often check inside onto his stronger foot. Martin had at least two very good saves that saved us from an undeserved loss. Felt there was a lack of confidence - especially up front - and we didn't really look like nicking a winner. I like big Rooney . He is a big , strapping boy that at least is always wanting to bomb forward. I'm wondering if Naysmith could play him right midfield to absolve him of some his defensive responsibilities and tell him to get to the line and get the ball over quickly. When we get our defensive cover back that is.

yep martin and mercer were decent today ,dobbie went mental when subbed at the manager and no wonder subs getting made our better players getting taken of and still that idiot dykes stays on the park iv had enough of this lad havnt got a clue what the manager sees in him bambie on ice ,camon manager smell what the fans are saying get him out the side asap please .

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Pretty much agree with that JRS,
    Was a very poor game though, ball up in the air far too much and we just have no creativity in midfield.
    I was really pleased to see Mercer put in a decent shift, he is a better player than a lot of folks give credit to.
    Dobbie looked out of sorts from the opening minutes and I was told he has been feeling a bit unwell with a bad cold.
    Cant understand why Stirling was not brought on earlier as at least he is capable of making openings.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yep martin and mercer were decent today ,dobbie went mental when subbed at the manager and no wonder subs getting made our better players getting taken of and still that idiot dykes stays on the park iv had enough of this lad havnt got a clue what the manager sees in him bambie on ice ,camon manager smell what the fans are saying get him out the side asap please .
    I get the point that you don't rate Dykes but find it a bit strange that you refer to him as an idiot. Is there a reason for that, something that he has done on the park or maybe off it that would make you call him an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly about both Mercer and martin today both of whom were excellent. As I have said many times before we are crying out for some creativity from midfield and this should be the number one priority if we are looking to sign player in the coming month. Unfortunately the poor crowds will limit our options especially when considering the clubs were are competing against and when Dunfermline can muster crowds in excess of 7000 like today I fear we will be left to squabble over the cast off's rather than the better class players we need.
    Lee Robinson signs for the Pars this morning and keeps a clean sheet in their 2-0 win today versus Falkirk. You couldn't make it up. Someone else told me he'd signed for Ayr United this morning. Shows you how much they know.

I thought we brought in Thomson to be our attacking creative midfielder, not sit covering the defense!?!?! The one time he did "rebel" and go on a run he looked dangerous!!

Stirling dropped to bench as well, what's that about? and the Dobbie sub, controversial but perhaps justified if he was ill as mentioned BUT the show of frustration doesn't back up the latter very much.

All be it defeats we've actually looked pretty good in attack the last few weeks and been scoring goals.

Manager today has decided to revert back to defensive negative football of trying not to get beat rather than going out to win and at home as well !!

Agree re the keeper and Mercer. Both had excellent games.

Quote Originally Posted by QoS02 View Post
    I get the point that you don't rate Dykes but find it a bit strange that you refer to him as an idiot. Is there a reason for that, something that he has done on the park or maybe off it that would make you call him an idiot?

lol the reason is simple he is utter dross on the pitch and needs booted from the team ,thats why i say idiot lol .and whith all the fans around me on the terraces today they seem to be of the same opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    Could not agree more Francis this clown is up there with the worst players of recent times along with Barry john corr and Jake Picard how no1 on the board or the managerial side don't see this baffles me he's not good enough for gretna let alone queens but I better not say much more or I'll get edited or banned

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)