+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the Hell has Happened To Us?

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    The last month has been a 'Perfect Storm' for us in terms of fixtures (Celtic twice, away to Hearts, Partick, Killie and Rangers) and several key players missing through injury.

That said our points return in that same time has been nowhere near good enough and we really should have been taking at least something in at least some of the away matches we've played. Without Moult in the side we are toothless and our entire final third play is totally ineffective. We did well to pick up so many points earlier in the season even when not playing well but our ball retention has been dreadful throughout the campaign yet we got away with it because we had an effective tactic of playing it over the top to a very good front man who could not only bag us goals but could hold up play and allowed us to build attacks.

There are some players in that team who just aren't good enough at this level, namely Fisher, Tanner and Rose and at least one of them should be moved on asap. Then you have Bowman who isn't a prolific scorer but has the ability to be a good foil for one, sadly we've lost the only one we had. That will need to be addressed in January.

As for Cedric Kipre? The more I see of him the more I'm inclined to think of him as the 'Central defensive Eliphas Shivute'. A player who in flashes shows something, has a cracking name and is a bit of a cult hero with the support, but in reality he is an absolute bombscare who is actually considerably out of his depth and costs us goals and points. Not what we need at this level and he is due at the very least a lengthy spell on the bench.

Finally our captain, Carl McHugh. He has been awful all season and is completely wasteful in possession. Not good enough.

I like Stephen Robinson and he's turned the club around in more ways than one this season, but starting from Saturday he has one massive month ahead of him.
    A fair assessment. Cedric will need to keep the heid on Saturday. The game's likely to be what the papers call 'tousy'; he'll be up against streetwise players who'll give the ref every chance to penalise him. Removing my claret and amber specs for a second, I honestly think he has 'got away with' a couple of challenges in recent games. He mustn't rise to any bait on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    Teams have now sussed us out and changes are required. As a foul was given against Kipre, indicating that the referee saw the tackle, I'm not sure he will get suspended. Again the BBC will have a big influence on that.
    Ah, but no foul was given (1.40 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42421300 ) . Carson eventually stopped play by kicking the ball out.

Kipre was signed as a youth/backup in summer remember, for all he's making mistakes he's still ahead of where we thought/hoped he'd be.

McHugh yep, not convinced he's fit but whatever the reason he's been poor.

I'd persevere with Tanner but Fisher, Bowman, Rose and Dunne can be shuffled on whenever we can find someone to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    There are some players in that team who just aren't good enough at this level, namely Fisher, Tanner and Rose and at least one of them should be moved on asap. Then you have Bowman who isn't a prolific scorer but has the ability to be a good foil for one, sadly we've lost the only one we had. That will need to be addressed in January.
    I would say that Tanner is ok although he's being played as a striker, which he isn't. Agree about the others. To that list you can add Grimshaw who whilst giving 100% doesn't look up to it.

Yes, its been a perfect storm for us and we have to get it right next month with signings. Maybe ship out some deadwood too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)