+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mobile phone help

Mobile phone help

Looking at either the galaxy 8 or pixel 2.

Anyone clued up on either of them? My wife has the galaxy 8 and it is a nice phone but there's a good deal on the pixel on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Looking at either the galaxy 8 or pixel 2.

Anyone clued up on either of them? My wife has the galaxy 8 and it is a nice phone but there's a good deal on the pixel on offer.
    Pixel2 is a bit of an interesting one as it's the first phone to have an eSIM (as well as a standard SIM slot) which will be handy for roaming once the whole eSIM catches on. (Idea being you download a "network profile" piece of software rather than a physical SIM, so the roaming is handled by software rather than by a physical SIM).

Pixel2 doesn't have a 3mm headphone jack, so you'd need btooth headphones or summat.

The following were pretty good review sites used often by the industry:

https://www.gsmarena.com/

http://www.techradar.com/phones

The headphone thing should be fine. I lose a pair almost monthly. I'm sure there's a pile of them in the house somewhere along with my socks.

The camera on the pixel or the screen size on the galaxy is what it might come down to for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The camera on the pixel or the screen size on the galaxy is what it might come down to for me.
    I had a Note4 before, similar screen size to the S8. It was great for reading email, google docs, web, watching videos etc but a pain in the erse to hold and use as an actual phone for calling folk.

Probably comes down to how much "using it as a phone" against "using it as a web-enabled device" you'll be doing.

Sonys are the way forward

I saw a guy in town today who was speaking on a phone that was as big as a small iPad. He looked like a right tw@t.

Thanks Wester Ross.

I have a Sony just now and never been that impressed. Camera has never been that good and the glass back is stupid.