+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CUSG meetings

CUSG meetings

I'll post on here as the other board won't let you.

Just what is the point of these CUSG meetings?

Attended by non elected representatives, the lot of them couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Looking back through the minutes, they say the catering has improved. Can't organise an away shelter for disabled and deny anyone's been in touch, although the clubs to blame on that.

Since the group started, things have got worse nothings been achieved by them.

The point is they can slap each other on the back and tell each other what a great job they are doing.

I think it's a joke. I went to the first one and was happy to see a few reps of some of the individual organisations there, but it was apparent that the agenda was going to be dictated by the Club. Those lot need to break away, meet without Club reps there, and come up with a wish list* to make the experience better. You know, DOING WHAT THE TRUST IS SUPPOSED TO BE DOING. I've never come across as useless a set of groups that are supposed to be representing the supporters in my life. The best CUFC group for representing the interests of their members? The London Branch.

* I was going to say demands, but pigs might fly.

I don’t get it at all and has been infiltrated by those “leaders” of groups that haven’t achieved anything but think they have some sort of power.

It be ok if something got achieved but nothing has.

And there’s too many club staff there and some groups have more than one reps.

I've said from day one that there should be ONE Club rep there with observer status, NOT as a member. That means that they're not allowed to join in the general discussion unless invited, generally when their input is likely to move the discussion forward. A Club rep chairing the meetings is a complete no-no. One rep per organisation BUT those reps must be empowered to make decisions on behalf of their organisations. Too often have I been to meetings where someone says "I'll have to get back to you on that" which slows down or completely halts the process. Groups need to be aware that if ther rep doesn't turn up then decisions may be made in their absence that they might not like. Simple.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)