+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dullest Xmas ever?

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Sod Christmas...sod New Year's eve....January 9th is when my wife and begin the biggest fight of our lives...it needs no explanation other than it concerns my wife more than I...
    Best wishes to your wife and yourself glm.

Best wishes to you and your wife GLM.

Christmas isn't the same when you get older, kids are now men and most of our relatives are no longer with us.
    Our eldest came to stay over the period, a quiet night around the local with friends on Christmas Eve, a drink at the same with my lad on Christmas Day, and a couple of lagers around there on Boxing Day.
    Back at work yesterday, will go for my usual Friday night drink tomorrow, plan to stay in New Years Eve, a walk on New Years Day, weather permitting around the lovely Hinksford countryside, then a few drinks at the local at lunchtime.
    Enjoyment shouldn't involve spending silly money and eating and drinking until you feel ill.
    All our Christmas stuff down now, looking forward to the Spring.
    Hard to believe it will be 2018 on Monday.
    Where have the years gone.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Best wishes to you and your wife GLM.

Christmas isn't the same when you get older, kids are now men and most of our relatives are no longer with us.
    Our eldest came to stay over the period, a quiet night around the local with friends on Christmas Eve, a drink at the same with my lad on Christmas Day, and a couple of lagers around there on Boxing Day.
    Back at work yesterday, will go for my usual Friday night drink tomorrow, plan to stay in New Years Eve, a walk on New Years Day, weather permitting around the lovely Hinksford countryside, then a few drinks at the local at lunchtime.
    Enjoyment shouldn't involve spending silly money and eating and drinking until you feel ill.
    All our Christmas stuff down now, looking forward to the Spring.
    Hard to believe it will be 2018 on Monday.
    Where have the years gone.
    About sum's it up nicely 55 Christmas not the same as you get older , take the dogs out new years day morning over one of the farms where I shoot . Then back to work on the 2nd .

One thing that certainly was not dull was the three part return of The League of Gentlemen. Brilliantly written and performed with edgy and very dark humour, sometimes verging on the sick. A triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    One thing that certainly was not dull was the three part return of The League of Gentlemen. Brilliantly written and performed with edgy and very dark humour, sometimes verging on the sick. A triumph.
    Yes. Brilliant!
    In contrast I had to watch Michael McIntyre the other night. Jesus! I'm sure he fills the audience with laughing gas.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Yes. Brilliant!
    In contrast I had to watch Michael McIntyre the other night. Jesus! I'm sure he fills the audience with laughing gas.
    Your post made me smile more than he does SAFT

Mick, I am sorry for hi-jacking a bit of your thread. I should not have posted that on here it was borne out of a great frustration at a time of year when even non believers should be happy and moving forward.

Pleased to hear about your friend and especially your son and as he initiated the rehab himself as opposed to being told to do it, I think he has a great chance of success...good luck and more power to him.

To all who read this post...thanks for your good wishes.

Here's to a very prosperous and Happy New Year for each and every one of you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)