+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January recruitment

Fortunate to have recently played some of this division's garbage Warne (briefed by the Board,no doubt) has begun the task of preparing us supporters to be underwhelmed by any activity in the January transfer market. It will certainly give an indication of what the chairman's ambitions may or may not be !

As mentioned in another thread .
    Depends which way we want to go.
    For me I would be happy spending 200/300k on 3 lower level players and mould them for the future. If it gets us promotion then buy accordingly in the summer. Come may we will need
    A young RB. Another LB,
    a keeper, (pref rodak) Young CB. Holding midfielder,
    2 strikers plus a left winger.

Outgoing..
    price, mattock, wood, Emmanuel, Moore, Newell.

This window outgoing Price Rodak Emmanuel Moore Newell. Next window then Wood Frecks Forde Taylor. JCH may as well leave, reserve judgement on Yates but it's either him or Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    This window outgoing Price Rodak Emmanuel Moore Newell. Next window then Wood Frecks Forde Taylor. JCH may as well leave, reserve judgement on Yates but it's either him or Ball.
    Does anyone know if you can still exclude another poster`s posts from appearing?

In my book we need a right back, center half and a striker for cover. 750k should cover that lot.

UTM!

PS: Let KM go back to Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    As mentioned in another thread .
    Depends which way we want to go.
    For me I would be happy spending 200/300k on 3 lower level players and mould them for the future. If it gets us promotion then buy accordingly in the summer. Come may we will need
    A young RB. Another LB,
    a keeper, (pref rodak) Young CB. Holding midfielder,
    2 strikers plus a left winger.

Outgoing..
    price, mattock, wood, Emmanuel, Moore, Newell.
    Both full backs have been the weak areas all this season and last.We also badly need some young energy with pace ,in midfield.Hopefully the recruitment team have identified this problem and we will see these positions greatly improved. I would also forget about Keiffer let him go back with Emmanual.

As others have said prepare to be underwhelmed.

If we were progressive and had a plan we would sign some lower league hungry players and look to develop them to either take the team forward or to sell for a profit.

But we're not so it will be a couple of loans who if any good will be out of our price range but we'll make a derisory offer to sign them permanently, or will be rubbish and we'll just send them back.

This is not developing our club, it is developing other clubs players and until there is a realisation that this is the case the cycle will just keep going. I'm sure Ipswich Town will be happy when they bank the profit from selling Kiefer Moore to the highest bidder, one thing for certain they won't be saying here ya go Rotherham have a few quid for marketing him for us.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    As others have said prepare to be underwhelmed.

If we were progressive and had a plan we would sign some lower league hungry players and look to develop them to either take the team forward or to sell for a profit.

But we're not so it will be a couple of loans who if any good will be out of our price range but we'll make a derisory offer to sign them permanently, or will be rubbish and we'll just send them back.

This is not developing our club, it is developing other clubs players and until there is a realisation that this is the case the cycle will just keep going. I'm sure Ipswich Town will be happy when they bank the profit from selling Kiefer Moore to the highest bidder, one thing for certain they won't be saying here ya go Rotherham have a few quid for marketing him for us.
    Completely agree with that.
    A few of us have said on previous occasions that the club doesn't appear to have a plan about where it wants to get to. Right now I'm not sure it even has a vision.
    Loans are most definitely not the way forward whereas something similar to the Peterborough model probably is.
    It would be nice to think that we would strengthen the weaker areas of the team in January but we all know that's unlikely to happen.
    The top 5 budget that TS talked about is a myth and Paul Warne has said he is mostly happy with what he's got...........because that's probably what he's been told to say 😕

I posted a while ago about no long term plan from the club.,
    We’ve got no money but that’s not the problem most of us understand this.
    It’s the top 5 budget talk and no cohesive plan moving forward.
    Alex Bray is a classic example of us not been able to develop players even though that’s what Warne told us last season that this was his plan this season with Bray.
    Maybe he’s just not good enough ?
    Then again we had John Swift and we couldn’t do anything with him but he’s done ok.

We keep hearing Warne will need 3or 4 transfer windows.
    To do what ?
    Buy young talent and develop them ? Nope.

To keep trading water with loan signings and then lose them after 6 months or a year.
    If that’s the plan we can live with it but at least let’s at least look like that’s what we’re doing rather than promising one thing but in reality giving us something totally different.

Every team of our size needs loan players. And depending where on the fence your sitting the 4 we have have been the best in there relevant positions..
    I'm not convinced the club don't have a long term plan. Were going from a manager who's policy was buy, loan, then discard... to one that takes a young player to develop into a million pound player.
    The Evans way takes 1 season, Doing what people on here are suggesting takes time and with warnes signings there's sign's of it...
    Wiles, hinds muskwe, bailey king and a few others will be coming through in the coming 12 month, if good enough.

Swift came to us at the wrong time.
    Regards bray,. Not sure what has gone wrong with him. Is he lightweight, not interested, just not good enough.?
    Will be a good move to go on loan maybe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast