+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January recruitment

January recruitment

Sounds familiar

But three victories and a draw in the last four League One matches have reduced the pressure to recruit.

“It might not be too busy,” he said after a 3-0 Boxing Day triumph at Bury had taken his side to eighth in the table.

“If we keep winning games, I don’t think we have a million things wrong. “We’re always looking to improve. Some people think bringing in new faces always improves the situation. I don’t. I’d rather work with what I’ve got.”

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...lans-1-8930666

Oh dear!

Translation

Don’t exspect much and if we do bring in one or two players don’t exspect us to spend anything because if you are then you will be disappointed like a child who couldn’t get a shiny bike for Xmas

Warne will be brought down to earth again with the next 2 games which we are likely to lose. He will realise we cant manage with the squad we have. I'm not asking for loads of players but some in key areas will be ***** ie defence.

The next few games may show that a lot of work is needed, if the management can’t get the players working together on simple things then I don’t see any point in fetching other players in.

Imo we have some good players (just need the work doing) but still need at least 3 fetching in.
    Last edited by millertop; 28-12-2017 at 05:19 PM.

As I've said before, prepare to be severely underwhelmed.
    We are Rotherham United after all and a lot of people claim there's nothing left in the budget despite that nice Mr Stewart saying the Danny Ward money would be available in January. 😵

Last 2 home games opposition wouldn't cut it in league 2. Rodak isn't a keeper, he needs to go back, get a keeper in who commands his area so that rules Camp out. Depends if Emmanuel stays if we get a right back in. A centre back needed, cover for Potter. A left sided forward & big striker needed. Not kids & not here for early retirement.

Warney wants players in like Manny whose not good enough but doesn't ruffle any feathers in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Last 2 home games opposition wouldn't cut it in league 2. Rodak isn't a keeper, he needs to go back, get a keeper in who commands his area so that rules Camp out. Depends if Emmanuel stays if we get a right back in. A centre back needed, cover for Potter. A left sided forward & big striker needed. Not kids & not here for early retirement.

Warney wants players in like Manny whose not good enough but doesn't ruffle any feathers in the squad.
    Did you actually read the article?
    There's no way we will be bringing 5 new players in.

Mellow.

No point with him he’s not interested in anything apart from winding people up.

We had it with Camp then Yates then Bailey king now Rodak.

Best just to ignore him attention only makes him carry on.
    It’s just how some people like to get there kicks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast