+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picking best queens team from your time

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Any best ever Qos team would have to include this guy.
    Who is this player? I like the Bukta kit. My Dad's amateur club had a Bukta kit in the Early Eighties.
    Did anyone watch the Admiral kit TV programme during the week?

I done a best ever team on Mad a few seasons ago by giving out three points for a first choice , two for second and one for third for each position . Can't remember all the final 11 but could be worthwhile doing again as more players might have come into the reckoning since.

Followed Queens all my long life and never heard of McCartney fatfan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Followed Queens all my long life and never heard of McCartney fatfan ?
    Does he not mean McChesney?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Does he not mean McChesney?
    Albertz , he might have meant the museum curator Iain McCartney. Will you check if he has played for Queens?

JR, I was sitting with Iain last weekend and he was a keeper at South of Scotland level I reckon. He mentioned it after St Mirren's first goal, as he said the keeper should've raced to get the ball thru whoever to claim it.

Albertz , he might have meant the museum curator Iain McCartney. Will you check if he has played for Queens?
    Hammer i am amazed that you even asked that about the big Manchester United author - of course he never kicked a ball for Queens - maybe Dalbeattie boys club or the old Lybro factory team !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Hammer i am amazed that you even asked that about the big Manchester United author - of course he never kicked a ball for Queens - maybe Dalbeattie boys club or the old Lybro factory team !
    I am amazed you thought I was serious old friend 😀

Allan Ball

Jimmy Miller
    Crawford Boyd
    Nobbie Clark
    Tommy O'Hara

Ted McMinn
    Billy McLaren
    Stevie Tosh
    Jimmy Robertson

Steven Dobbie
    Andy Thomson

I thought about Steven McKenna in the middle along with Billy McLaren, that would have been a midfield that would never have lost any midfield battles...

I'm excluding very good players who played for us towards the end of their careers, the Harry Hoods, Pat McLuskey, Chris Balderstone.

Some great subs, Jocky Dempster, Sean O'Connor, either Tommy Bryce.

This is with a little thought. If I thought harder I'd be unable to come to a decision.....

I am amazed you thought I was serious old friend 😀
    Doh - honestly didn't realise you were extracting the Michael from the statto king Albertz !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)