+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Daniel Sturridge anyone??

Daniel Sturridge anyone??

Cannot get into the Liverpool team and needs game play to boost his England chances in World cup year!

Lots of talk of villa talking to Liverpool about Loan signings so why not Sturridge? Local lad, would answer the goal scoring problems up front, Maybe JT can have a word in his ear.

We need a striker as a prioiy and they need to be experienced and from the premiership not the 'Usual' championship labeled player as we have had enough of them. I would also bring back Ross Mac as an option as we have :

Kodija...Out for the season
    Hogan....Fish out of water and does not fit the SB plan
    Gabby....Nuff said a certain match in February will be his 'Swan Song'
    Davis.....Love the guy but cannot score either on a regular basis

All of the above have Mustered up 5 goals between them all season, That is very, very worrying!

Any other names in the hat?

Ross Mck is injured and out for a few months TD, he's another Hogan scenario too i.e. he doesn't fit into SB's direct hoofball.

Sturridge is a brilliant player when fit, he'd get battered by the big lumps in many Championship defences I fear, Benteke on loan would be my shout.

Benteke or Sturridge would be great but I won't hold my breath. Davis reminds me of Heskey a bit and probably needs a strike partner to flourish.
    Hogan was a waste of money and gabby would do well in this league if he could stay fit but he doesn't.

Anoha from Leicester or Danny Ings from Pool?? either way with our forwards firing blanks we need some serious help up front or we can forget any hope of the play offs, down to 9th now with Preston winning lst night, a defeat today would be a disaster, did not know RMc was injured, guess he will be coming back any way then, he can join all the other sick notes in rehab.

ps I think its about time we canceled Micah Richards contract, he is a disgrace to the profession. you know it took me quite a while to remember his first name, it has been that long since we have heard of him!!!

Jesus is the answer

He’s injured too

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    He’s injured too
    Yeah Jesus is well fkd, couple of hand injuries as well as both feet. A head injury which is a thorny issue and side tear will keep him out till Easter. Should be ok for Easter Sunday tho, to resurrect his season.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Yeah Jesus is well fkd, couple of hand injuries as well as both feet. A head injury which is a thorny issue and side tear will keep him out till Easter. Should be ok for Easter Sunday tho, to resurrect his season.
    Never mind, we all have our crosses to bear.......

boomtish

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)