+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad decions and preparing for the prem???????

I’m with you Mondaze apart from caring about whether we win or not. I always want to win. But I quite like playing in this division and given that I worry about our chances in the Prem I would rather spend another year here. Personally I would rather fight promotion than relegation. Been there, done that, and it was awful.

If we are here for another year, I would like to see more of our youngsters given some experience and balls played to Hogan,s feet rather than his head. I still believe we have a good striker there.

100% agree with Picasso here, Hogan is getting slated for his lack of contribution but if there's nothing to feet to allow him to strut his stuff then that's Bruce's ineptitude. He'd scored 21 at Brentford before we signed him in January, and we've seen in the last few days the type of football they play. I think he'll go in the window and score a hatful, with a big lump like Davis preferred in the absence of the Kodj, having Hogan gives us options.

Agree we need another year with the nucleus of a team that will go up and keep us up.

I see what you’re saying folks regarding the hustle & bustle of the Championship, going into games with hope rather than dread. Not having money to spend, seeing the youngsters flourish at OUR club (if the boneheaded manager would grow some stones and play em, that is).
    Thing is, I want The Villa to be playing at the highest level, despite me not missing the Prem’s uneven financial playing field. That option doesn’t look likely atm, SB has said all along that 2pts a game would do, well that’s 92 over a season. Our December tally is 6 from 18pts, 1 point a game!!!
    We’d need another 51 from 21 games, 2.43pts per game, now that would be a fun run in wouldn’t it? 17 wins outta 21 woohoo!!!

5 points off 2nd! Game on

And not A Whelen or Gabby in sight!!!!

Well done the lads and Happy new year.

monday proved my point... when we scored the first goal, we could have easily been two behind, it seems every match is a lottery, we came out winning at a canter because Bristol wanted to win so came at us, even when they went behind. We countered brilliantly, for a change and by the end bristol had lost their legs after a hard game just two days before. it's exciting and frustrating in equal measure.

It was a confidence thing. Watch the highlights again https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/highligh...-bristol-city/ You could see 8 outfield players scared to make a mistake lest the fans start moaning. You see the players absolutely making sure they don't misplace a pass even though it meant they had to properly control the ball and make sure they don't over hit the ball. The back pass to Johnstone was possibly unnecessary but it is accompanied by jeers and groans from our fans. The two players that didn't care about playing scared were Hutton and Grealish. Hutton lost the ball setting Bristol up with a chance whilst Grealish set up the first goal with his positive play.

After the goal confidence went up a notch. After the second it soared. Players were taking on opposing players and there was no care about losing the ball because there was players following up and getting the loose ball.

You can see it all just in this five minute clip.

Some great points there Stateside, could not agree more. We could have folded early on but in the end, Bristol were left blowing bubbles and should have finished 6 or 7. Good job as I said selling Baker (wink)

No wonder my betting has gone belly up, just who (apart from Wolves) would you put your money on? the bookies must be raking it in.

If they can draw from that game and ignore the fans moans Villa can finish 2nd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)