+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 28-12-2017 Early Evening

28-12-2017 Early Evening

Yesterday evening was a bit of a shocker. Maybe a bit too much mulled wine or too much of the family getting on your nerves and people using this board to get things off their chest.
    Whatever the reason it wasn't very good.

Things have changed on this board over the last couple of years that have seen a reduction in members posting. Whether that be the changes in the site itself or because of how I and CAM moderate.
    In all seriousness we shouldn't have to moderate in the way I did last night. We both hate issuing cards and closing threads but sometimes we take decisions that you may not like for what we see as the best thing for the site as a whole at the time.

We have seen a raise in posters of late not coming on every day but members who haven't posted for a while making the odd appearence. This won't continue if there are many more repeats of last night.

I have tried to crack down on goading and another pet hate of mine is ganging up on a particular member in the way it happened last night. But don't mix this up with a lot of poster all disagreeing with the same post. This will always happen and is accepted as long as the insults are kept to an acceptable limit. If you can't work out the acceptable limit I'm willing to help.

To read something we disagree with doesn't merit an insult. Question what you don't agree with but why insult someone for the way they see things.

Let us move on from here and try to get on. If you don't like something and you're not able to respond without insulting then simply don't respond.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 29-12-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Agree 100%

Yes - all got a bit handbags on here last night. I thought you nipped it in the bud frog, before it got even more daft. Not sure about the ganging up bit though. My impression was that it was a bit 6 and 2 3s. Good bit of modding anyway.

Sad you felt the need to post this frog. adults (use the term broadly) should be able to have a conversation without insults and if a conversation does get heated the perpetrators should hold there hands up and apologies. Very rarely seen on here.
    Let's hope hope 2018 brings a clean slate though I'm not holding my breath

Clearly that’s why some come on here just to insult, some can’t take their drink probably, some might need a sad lamp, might be that time of month for others.

I find some of it funny, others go too far for no reason.

I can’t understand why some leave the board though just because of a few numpties, just don’t read a certain thread, ignore the certain poster but don’t leave just because the minority upset you.

Have a happy new year apart from Cayton

Ooooower look who's getting jealous just cos me n yak got a room.
    Ok you can hold that camera. Just remember all you need is a steady hand

I agree frog lots of handbags out last night lol

Sometimes I think they needs to be more mods on the site because you seem to get it in neck from certain posters a lot and could use some support at times.

To be honest some of the **** you get I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

Poor frog 😢

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I agree frog lots of handbags out last night lol

Sometimes I think they needs to be more mods on the site because you seem to get it in neck from certain posters a lot and could use some support at times.

To be honest some of the **** you get I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

Poor frog ��
    We need a mod for each poster, 3 for MMM and his Barnsley doppelgänger

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    We need a mod for each poster, 3 for MMM and his Barnsley doppelgänger
    Lol

Good post frog. I in the past have been guilty of posting abuse to others, ie TFA. Long time ago though. Think the mods do a great job, as does TFA with the away travelling, and long may it continue. Lots of old posters missing. Shame. Hopefully.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast