+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Money to spend

Its not in the new owners interest to allow us to be relegated.Whats the point of trying to get us promoted to a division we are already in thus wasting a season.I think they will spend enough which they think will keep us up, & kick on from there next season.

Obviously it makes sense to keep our championship status but it won't happen with a squad full of midfielders and young lower lg players so they better get their act together QUICK

I said it the day the takeover was announced regarding Conway's comments about " too good to be true " , meaning the amount the club spends on recruitment and how much it receives in sales .

You know what they say about too good to be true , it means it's b@llax .

Convinced they think the club have invented summat , ah well , tha'll see how good this policy is Paul mi owd , when tha trying to flog advertising as a league one club .

Good luck with that .

Let's wait until the transfer window is closed, and see who we bring in and who leaves. Then we will be in a better situation to assess our chances of staying up.

From what I gather although I've not heard the actual interview myself , Hecky sounded a tad downbeat when questioned on the January recruitment , same as you were was the long and short of it .

Any significant expenditure will have to be created by selling players first , who is to say Swansea still want Yiadom with the change in management ?

I'm fairly certain he doesn't want to lose Tom Bradshaw but if he does then how realistically can you replace his goal ratio and then strengthen in other areas .

Lindsay could go but yet again he's seriously weakening an already under strength squad , by actually wheeling and dealing he's at risk of throwing the bath water out with the baby .

Where's the bloody surplus gone after last season's fire sales ?

Surely he should be getting £3m at least to try and add some quality to the squad without having to horse trade .

Can someone explain to me where the surplus money from last summer is please .

I sincerely need an answer .

PC said there was money available for transfers this window before the takeover, where has this we’ve got to sell first you’re talking about come from ?

Nozzer is correct. Let's wait to assume or judge after transfer window. Thez nowt worse than debating a hypothetical situation. We've all been doing that since the takeover first came to light in September.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    PC said there was money available for transfers this window before the takeover, where has this we’ve got to sell first you’re talking about come from ?
    My apologies , bear with me just done a 12 hr shift .

It was a what if scenario I read not an actual fact , didn't read it right .

Guess pass and nozzer are right , let's see what develops next month .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    My apologies , bear with me just done a 12 hr shift .

It was a what if scenario I read not an actual fact , didn't read it right .

Guess pass and nozzer are right , let's see what develops next month .
    Oh right , no probs !

Mass debating never got anyone anywhere Pass your quite right

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast