+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Money to spend

Money to spend

PH says they have money to spend but not altering wage structure so obviously it's same old same old this has gone too far and we'll never attract QUALITY SEASONED Players to compete at championship level

So despite the takeover nowt changed barring the ' matchday experience '. Ni mind, We can ev a ball at aif time or gu darn wit kids 2 hrs afooar kick off but still watch league 1 footballers trying to compete at Championship level on the field

Not the input and influence most were expecting from this new consortium I dare say.

Personally I didn't expect much else Pass but deep down I hoped it would not the first time my expectations have been kicked into touch and with this club it won't be the last

Al wait until 1st February befooar a say owt abart Chien, Paul, Bill etc and their impact.

Tha nivva knows.

Only thing that's changed with the PLAN it's now the Jane PLAN loose our better players fast

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Al wait until 1st February befooar a say owt abart Chien, Paul, Bill etc and their impact.

Tha nivva knows.

Tha reight SB. Am just playing devil's advocate. I'm sure that although the wage structure won't alter we'll see a few departures and arrivals in the transfer window. If Yiadom leaves early in Jan then it gives us the funds and rest of the month to get in what we need

There will be a rise in the wage structure, its just he's not broadcasting it, you wouldn't would ya?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    So despite the takeover nowt changed barring the ' matchday experience '. Ni mind, We can ev a ball at aif time or gu darn wit kids 2 hrs afooar kick off but still watch league 1 footballers trying to compete at Championship level on the field

Not the input and influence most were expecting from this new consortium I dare say.
    I think they aren't putting too much emphasis on results because it can be damaging for a young player in his development. The matchday experience is quite good if you allow yourself a lobotomy before you walk up to your seat

They've gotta say what they're saying, where's the benefit of sayin.... 'due to us being took over by a billionaire we will be spending silly money & paying daft wages'...classic diversion tactics.

I dont want us to pay daft money but we are a championship club and have to pay the going rate wage wise. I am not saying pay players premiership wages but come on paying that bit more in wages is possible. Now paying 40k a week to some players is just crazy like Steven Fletcher at the pigs 40k a week but a couple of top league one players like Madison at peterborough double his wage he will come

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast