+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Warne change a winning side?

I guess it depends on towell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Why change a winning team ?

Doesn’t make sense.
    All depends who you're playing.
    He should pick the team that's best suited to beat Walsall. Bury were as poor a team as I've seen all season.
    Picking same team as at Bury may not work. Vaulks did well as stand in CB.
    Towell has had a back injury this week.
    At least there's competition for starting places.

You're right Casper. Expect Walsall and,even more so, Blackburn to be much better than the garbage we have played recently. I can understand people wanting to persist with Yates because he is our player but to suggest he is a better option than Moore defies incredulity.

I don’t think he’s a better player than Moore but the team has been playing better because of the system.
    Agree the next 2 are tougher if we go back to hoofing it we will lose at least one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    I don’t think he’s a better player than Moore but the team has been playing better because of the system.
    Agree the next 2 are tougher if we go back to hoofing it we will lose at least one of them.
    Results don’t lie do they we was out Moore for 3 games and Yates took his place and we didn’t lose a single one of them games.

Better in a way Yates is better than Moore in a few areas but likewise Moore is better than Yates in other areas.

Proctor & Yates - play makers (like hazard and alli are)

Moore and ball - (target men like Kane and aguero )

The reason we are doing well with Yates in team is because we are playing with one of each type up front look at any team that’s won anything they all do the same when they play 2 or more up front.

Basically you can’t score a goal if you don’t get the ball

And no I’m not comparing Yates to hazard or alli just using them as an example

Lol. Just because we won doesn’t mean Yates was the reason, maybe playing two up front might have been the reason ,having Frecks in the side might have been the reason, Wood not in the team, Emmanuel in the team might be the reason.
    Fans supporting the team might have been the reason
    Yates wasn’t involved in any of the goals against Bury.

For me, the reason was having Frecks in the team

Still we should use Yates in certain games when playing two up front, not sure Walsall is one of them games because we should go one up front (Moore) with Ball behind him maybe and Ihiekwe back in defence

Don’t push your luck on keeping that same side Warney
    Last edited by millertop; 30-12-2017 at 08:50 AM.

4-4-1-1. It is then topper. 👍

@ silly-miller...results can say many things. From the last 3 games you mention we've scored 6 goals, from those goals one was a dubious own goal and the only striker to score was David Ball so it's a good job defence and midfield are scoring.
    Not saying JY shouldn't be involved in certain games and if anyone is hoping the current strikers are the answer then we're right up s*** creek.

Worrying thing is PAUL Warne thinks he doesn't have a problem if Kieffers not replaced with a like for like replacement, he's prepared to go with what he's got.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    4-4-1-1. It is then topper. ��

@ silly-miller...results can say many things. From the last 3 games you mention we've scored 6 goals, from those goals one was a dubious own goal and the only striker to score was David Ball so it's a good job defence and midfield are scoring.
    Not saying JY shouldn't be involved in certain games and if anyone is hoping the current strikers are the answer then we're right up s*** creek.

Worrying thing is PAUL Warne thinks he doesn't have a problem if Kieffers not replaced with a like for like replacement, he's prepared to go with what he's got.
    Reminds me of our last manager who wasn't overly concerned with our lack of strikers. Then we ended up with Dexter Blackstock.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Reminds me of our last manager who wasn't overly concerned with our lack of
    strikers. Then we ended up with Dexter Blackstock.
    LOL...scary as well as worrying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12