+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window (january 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Honestly Alto, whoever we signed would not suit you!
    If you think Solly March, an over priced middle of the road player is going to improve BFC you need your eyes testing.

from what I can gather - the March story is nothing but empty talk....and i'd tend to believe it because I can't see why he'd want to make the move, is not currently at his best...but isn't stuck to the bench - and Brighton are by no means out of it....besides - I'd think we'd be looking for more of a solid performer...taking a step up rather than a hopeful sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    If you think Solly March, an over priced middle of the road player is going to improve BFC you need your eyes testing.
    I didn't say March would be a good signing for us, I said that whoever we sign will not suit you.

When we sign someone like D4/Tarko I will let you know, when we keep farting about buying average or below average players who are not good enough and just fill the squad Walters/Bardsley, and seemingly keep going after the same ilk March/Lennon I will let you know.

I have already stated that the loan player NK seems decent enough on his 20 odd minutes showing at Palace, but 20 minutes is not enough to give an accurate view, and there again its only a loan.

I say it as I see it BT, but unlike you who ghost through the halls and corridors of Turf Moor hearing all the good stuff that is happening and about to happen with Claret tinted glasses and Claret ear lobes, I'll vent my spleen on who we buy and the actual performances in games on the field.

We are average, and if we keep buying average even with the influence of Dyche we will not get much better, you remind me somewhat of Primitive, where regardless of very poor performances you seem over the moon just because we are in the Premier League, I'd rather be in the Championship playing half decent Football, yes we'd lose all the Premier League money but what's the point if we don't spend the money to improve while we have got it ?

Agree with a number of posts on the Brighton winger:-
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/16...acking-threat/

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    When we sign someone like D4/Tarko I will let you know, when we keep farting about buying average or below average players who are not good enough and just fill the squad Walters/Bardsley, and seemingly keep going after the same ilk March/Lennon I will let you know.

I have already stated that the loan player NK seems decent enough on his 20 odd minutes showing at Palace, but 20 minutes is not enough to give an accurate view, and there again its only a loan.

I say it as I see it BT, but unlike you who ghost through the halls and corridors of Turf Moor hearing all the good stuff that is happening and about to happen with Claret tinted glasses and Claret ear lobes, I'll vent my spleen on who we buy and the actual performances in games on the field.

We are average, and if we keep buying average even with the influence of Dyche we will not get much better, you remind me somewhat of Primitive, where regardless of very poor performances you seem over the moon just because we are in the Premier League, I'd rather be in the Championship playing half decent Football, yes we'd lose all the Premier League money but what's the point if we don't spend the money to improve while we have got it ?
    Tarkowski was a complete mystery to most of us but SD had tracked his progress and nabbed him. Defour was hardly a risk with 50 international caps to his name. Wood is the New Zealander's centre forward and seemingly scores for fun. Pope looks a whole lot better than average to most neutral observers. Brady is the Eire player of the year, Walters and Bardsley have hundreds of EFL games in their locker so they can't be all that bad.

Gudmundsson is a lot better than average. Taylor looks like he could go on to do really great things. Hendrick is not impressing a whole lot but he is constantly being played out of position. Barnes is hardly average and I know you have an agenda with the Board of Directors and how prudently the club is run and Vokes for you is persona non grata.

The simple reality is that the Big Six seem to have a fifty million pound player for each position. How the hell do we keep up with that?
    Not once do I recall you ever touting a particular someone who is within a decent budget, is available and would come to Burnley. Sanchez could be bought right now for £35 million but his £150,000 a week wages will pose us a bit of a problem.

You poo-pood the idea of us signing the 30 year old English international Aaron Lennon who played nearly 400 games for Tottenham, a man who incidentally got a standing ovation from Spurs fans at Wembley last weekend. A 23 year old winger who has played 100 games at the top level does not suit your style, even though he is a better than decent player and is scoring at a decent ratio per games played for a young man still learning his trade.

I would love it just once if you would hang your hat on a name that would put a spring in your step and a smile to your face. We now have a five man recruitment team scouring every possible source for the next Mohamed Saleh.

The huge problem is so are 19 other EPL teams and 24 in the Championship! We are presently sitting SEVENTH in the EPL and not playing all that badly.

I know you never actually see the team play Alto but just to put it into perspective, when we last won the Championship I went to 41 of those Championship title winning games. I cannot remember us ever playing blinding football or putting in any sort of performance that had me thinking about McIlroy, Connelly, Miller et al.

Sean Dyche has a win ratio of 40.85% since he took over the Clarets. That's called winning football games and getting results. Style over substance? Nah! Not for me!

Over to you alto..haha

Tarky may have been a mystery to you but not to me and a few other's on here who realised Keane was going long before he did, D4 hardly a risk ? who said he was, "Wood a New Zealand international who seemingly scores for fun" ? First and foremost he can score but has to be supplied which he isn't, he'd work better with a more adventurist forward partner instead of useless balls just lumped up to him, as for being a New Zealand international so what, How many great New Zealand players have there been ? and what the hell have New Zealand ever won, next you'll be crowing on about our Irish contingent, they have not won owt either and its not hard to see why.

Walters was a waste of money and is past it, Bardsley is the same, ran rugged around Selhurst park by Sako and McArthur all afternoon regardless of has been EFL games played.

The Iceman I said at the time was a good purchase, but again he's still got a lot to prove, like Brady his crossing can be bad although the occasional one hits the spot but a lot are wasted, I'm not like you BT when Iceman placed a good cross onto Wood's head you was praising him to the hilt even though he'd done nowt in his previous dozen games (as one swallow does not make a summer) he's working hard though I'll give him that but his crossing is still atrocious 7 times out of 10 (and I'm being generous).

Hendrick, again is a difference of opinion, I think he's average in any position, Barnes could not be above average even if he stayed on his feet, Vokes like I have said many time's scores I in 4 chances, not a potent goal scorer, he worked reasonably well with Ings but he's a poor Toshack without his Keagan.

Who's mentioning keeping up with the big six ? All I have said is our team are more often than not Poor and needs more better players to improve not just journeymen/EPL Knowledge and or ordinary.

Ziyech, Shaqiri, Mahrez, Knockeart, Andone, Townsend and an Italian defender (I cannot remember his name) are just a few I have mentioned who I'd be pleased with, hardly out of our range.

Yes I'll poo-poo the idea of us signing Lennon and anyone else I don't think is up for it, just like I poo-pood Gray before he got sold, you was praising him every day until finally you agreed with me and quickly changed your mind, especially after we mugged Watford out of all that dosh, no wonder Lennon got a standing ovation as he used to play for them. . . . . when he was half decent.

Aye a 23 year old learning his trade who is better than a decent player with a decent scoring record you say ? March has played 24 games this season and scored. . . . . . . . . . . . one.

The huge problem is not the other Premier League teams or 24 Championship teams, or come to think of it the escalating transfer money as they have always been there and the latter transfer overpricing is going to get worse not better, so that's no excuse, so your five man recruitment team had better get their fingers out.

Yes I've had an agenda with the Board since Bob Lord, and this lot are seemingly still carrying the same can, as you say we are 7th but cannot score and are now looking over our shoulder as others get closer and closer, and if we don't reinforce our team that chasing pack will get closer and closer, maybe not this season but soon.

If you are happy with dull Football but can puff your chest out just because we are in the Premier League then good luck to you, but I'm not, I, like a lot of others like to see my team win lose or draw, but first and foremost even in a heavy defeat I like to see a reasonable performance, its called Football, not survive at all costs.

And stop getting the hump, its a message board with different views and opinions ya bastid ��

Over to you TBT ..Haha

Well, I'm bloody glad I don't sit next to you Alto.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)