+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window (january 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Of course maker forces dictate real fees, TM values are a guide only and players with long contracts might fetch 3-4 times it players with short contracts that clubs want to lose might go for half or less. We got Lennon for £1.5m against a £5m valuation, we sold Gray for £18m against £9m and Keane for £25m v £10m.

I doubt Sean has agreed anything like this figure and it’s Forest doing what they always do to try to screw us. Worrall is 21 and has come through their ranks so some compensation for that is due, his contract is to 2020. I think £5m is more than enough given Forests poor defensive performances, for someone with no PL experience. Or do you rate him of similar value to Ashley?
    The transfer market is insane these days OC, there is no rational way to 'value' a player any more. It all depends on the financial situation at the two clubs concerned, the needs on the playing side of both clubs, the desire of a player for the move and the rapaciousness of the agents involved. I doubt anyone in the game takes the slightest bit of notice of TM, and from the figures you post on here they are usually miles out. I have no particular axe to grind with them, if they came up with figures close to what players actually go for I'd be impressed, but from the figures you post most times they don't even get close. I can't take them seriously, their valuations are useless imo, as evidenced by their valuation of Worral, so far out it's laughable.
    Last edited by sinkov; 30-01-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Forest as usual are playing hardball and want the bulk up front...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ingham-forest/

...but Worrall is their player and it's their shout.

Will all boil down to what the player wants in the end.
    Yes
    Turned down £11.5m says Mail that’s £6m fee plus add ons. Player wants to stay at Forest. Karanka looking to keep him and get promotion. Haha!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...r-Worrall.html

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The transfer market is insane these days OC, there is no rational way to 'value' a player any more. It all depends on the financial situation at the two clubs concerned, the needs on the playing side of both clubs, the desire of a player for the move and the rapaciousness of the agents involved. I doubt anyone in the game takes the slightest bit of notice of TM, and from the figures you post on here they are usually miles out. I have no particular axe to grind with them, if they came up with figures close to what players actually go for I'd be impressed, but from the figures you post most times they don't even get close. I can't take them seriously, their valuations are useless imo, as evidenced by their valuation of Worral, so far out it's laughable.
    So you wont believe them unless they value Sanchez at £0? Haha! That’s laughable too. They value Lennon at £5m not £1.5 we paid.

The valuation is only a comparative guide for heavens sake.
    Messi and Neymar are MVP at £180m
    Ronaldo, Mbappe and Kane £120m

Against those figures how do you rate the rest?

The whole Burnley team £127m is the value of a Ronaldo. ( GK Nk is £7m of that)

You just use TM to compare players and teams and don’t expect any valuation to be 100% accurate when a player is in demand. The values do work when a player moves from a club willing to sell to a club willing to pay a fair price. They don’t work for players clubs want rid of.

The website is not all about values... it has accurate information lots of things on contracts, agents, games played, goals scored, transfer fees paid, their “value” over time. Players out of contract, managers out of work

As everyone knows, the value of anything is down to market forces, *******s, companies, shares, jewellery, cars, paintings, antiques. So it’s easy to pick holes in any valuation system. Buy a new diamond ring for £1000 today and as you leave the shop it’s only worth £250 if you try to sell it back to them. If you insure it for £1000 and lose it then you may get paid £1000. Same with a new car. You lose 25% driving it away.

Players will be insured and have valuations linked to some value. That’s down to the club and the premium they can afford.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 30-01-2018 at 09:53 AM.

To be honest OC I've never been on their website and I know nothing about them. I've no idea how they formulate their valuations, or even why they do it. All I know is every time you mention a transfer on here you put their valuation up and it seems nothing more than guesswork. As they bear no relationship to reality I just don't see the point, we can all guess.

When I get the time I'll have a look at their website, it might well be interesting.

They have turned down 11.5m for a player who has only ever played at Championship level-Jesus for 15-20m we could probably get what we really need a goalscorer from a European club.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    To be honest OC I've never been on their website and I know nothing about them. I've no idea how they formulate their valuations, or even why they do it. All I know is every time you mention a transfer on here you put their valuation up and it seems nothing more than guesswork. As they bear no relationship to reality I just don't see the point, we can all guess.

When I get the time I'll have a look at their website, it might well be interesting.
    Give it a try this is the uk site.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    They have turned down 11.5m for a player who has only ever played at Championship level-Jesus for 15-20m we could probably get what we really need a goalscorer from a European club.
    I tend to agree - he seems grossly over valued by Forest. Just hope we walk away. He doesn’t want to come anyway.

The point is that this is one area that we need cover. One more injury/suspension and we are flying by the seat of our pants.
    We need cover right now and we also need to be looking towards next season in the medium term.

Apart from the baffling talk of Holding on loan we have only been linked with Worrall. With just 33 hours to the window slamming shut I hope we can pull a rabbit out of the hat, but at the moment it sounds like Worrall or no one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    The point is that this is one area that we need cover. One more injury/suspension and we are flying by the seat of our pants.
    We need cover right now and we also need to be looking towards next season in the medium term.

Apart from the baffling talk of Holding on loan we have only been linked with Worrall. With just 33 hours to the window slamming shut I hope we can pull a rabbit out of the hat, but at the moment it sounds like Worrall or no one.
    The rabbit has been pulled out of the hat 59/60, it's called Tom Anderson, hopefully, if we have to play said rabbit, it won't freeze in the headlights. (See what I did there )

Potential loan move

Holding’s potential exit comes as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is at Arsenal’s training ground to finalise his £55million move from Borussia Dortmund.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ick-Aubameyang

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)