+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

Christie was deployed as an auxiliary forward for most of the game, and for intensive periods in the second half, he and Shinnie tore the right hand side out of the brutes’ defence.

Nae luck at all today, apart from the stick-with-a-nail-through-it lot’s striker being total pish.

Ach to be fair we were the only team trying to win it today.

Fearts have transformed back into a Levein side,very hard to break down but to be fair I thought their keeper made a few good saves.

Maybe the 10 pints I have had today are making my happy clapping side come out with that assessment

A game we dominated but could have quite easily lost. They made a hash of more than a few decent chances. I guess it isn't just us that are s hit in front of goal.

I actually thought today was the best we have played all season. I thought McKenna was immense making a couple of very timely interventions. Goncalves or fitever his name is could actually have had a hatrick despite our domination. Surprised it took farts so long to revert to type and start hauling our players down. Decent crowd and atmosphere. Couldn't see how many they had today as I was in the south stand. Despite it being 0-0 I actually enjoyed the game. Just couldn't get that elusive goal. Regroup and recharge the batteries now for what will be a tricky cup tie against the Buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Why did we start with one up front against a team who keep goals out for fun (5 previous games were clean sheets). The one up front who is being starved of service this season.

Im no Fergie or Michels but that seems to be making a clearly good defence have it easy. Doesnt seem like the wisest tactic
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    This is a major flaw with McInnes. We rely far too much on defensive players having to do the attacking for us. We don’t have the ability to break down half decent teams who sit in and play the way that McInnes likes.
    At home especially we should be setting up to score goals against any team in the league that we play. Our lack of keeping the opposition goalkeeper busy has been a problem this season.
    Hopefully more like McGinn coming in will rectify a weakness that needs solved quickly.
    Typical, the armchair remote fans are out in force despite not knowing how the game actually went.
    We dominated the whole game and they relied on counter attacking.
    They played a 5-4-1 formation, at times we only had 2 in defence we were pushing on so much.

Attacking so much, trying to break down the two banks of 5 and 4, we were left exposed to the counter attacks.
    McLouchlin made some really good saves.

The game could have gone either way on opportunities, but only we were taking the game to the opposition.
    Hearts came for a point, they could have sneaked 3, but we easily could have won the game as well.

If we had scored one of our chances, Hearts would have had to open up more and we would have created even more.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 30-12-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Apart from the pointless personal jibes, your assessment is pretty much how I saw it, and had my view validated when I watched it on BBC Alba this evening. We battered them fitba-wise, they just battered us literally. ****ing thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Apart from the pointless personal jibes, your assessment is pretty much how I saw it, and had my view validated when I watched it on BBC Alba this evening. We battered them fitba-wise, they just battered us literally. ****ing thugs.
    Well, it gets my goat when people not actually at the game suggest we were too defensive and should have had more attackers on.
    Any opportunity, valid or not I tell you.
    I wonder if they were secretly hoping we didn’t win.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I wonder if they were secretly hoping we didn’t win.
    What utter drivel from the toppest bestest red on the forum. Have a biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    They were dirty, horrible, time wasting b@stards.... but I don’t think Lafferty’s was a straight red. Yellow only.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    What utter drivel from the toppest bestest red on the forum. Have a biscuit.
    Why criticise when you clearly don’t know how the game panned out.
    Do you think we were not attacking enough?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast