+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

An enjoyable game except for the result, I didn’t have expect many if any goals as Heart defence has been solid of late. To start with I was impressed by their attempts to actually play football, however when that didn’t work they reverted to the Hearts we all know and ‘love’.
    Agree with the comments of others regarding McKenna, it has been a pleasure watching him improve game after game.

Alba confirms that Shinnie wasn’t just tripped, he was scythed. A red card was the only outcome, although given Beaton’s aul mannies’ pish-weak performance otherwise, one widna have been surprised if he’d sapped oot.

I don't disagree with your assessment of the game although the fact we did not score or win allows for some debate as to whether other tactics, substitutions or formations would have been better.
    Shooting down some who express such opinions just because you were at the game and they were not just comes across as being so petty.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why criticise when you clearly don’t know how the game panned out.
    Do you think we were not attacking enough?
    were we a better side in the 2nd or 1st half? Do you think the starting 11 was correct or did he pander to Hearts set up? the change at half time suggests he got it wrong although you may believe it was due to injury. We had good opportunities, but Hearts had 3 glaring opportunities. we were the better football side with massive stats in favour, but could well have lost. A good old fashioned game.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Typical, the armchair remote fans are out in force despite not knowing how the game actually went.
    We dominated the whole game and they relied on counter attacking.
    They played a 5-4-1 formation, at times we only had 2 in defence we were pushing on so much.

Attacking so much, trying to break down the two banks of 5 and 4, we were left exposed to the counter attacks.
    McLouchlin made some really good saves.

The game could have gone either way on opportunities, but only we were taking the game to the opposition.
    Hearts came for a point, they could have sneaked 3, but we easily could have won the game as well.

If we had scored one of our chances, Hearts would have had to open up more and we would have created even more.
    You really are a top Don as you were at the game...well done you.

Back to my point about the tactics we played...was I correct in thinking we were using our defensive players to try and break down a stubborn Hearts who played a 5-4-1?
    Hearts the team that you state (which I don’t doubt) were defensively set up but managed to equal our 4 shots on target throughout the whole match!
    My gripe with McInnes is that he has relied on a team of a majority of defensive players to break down Hearts. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    They were dirty, horrible, time wasting b@stards.... but I don’t think Lafferty’s was a straight red. Yellow only.
    Aye, I'll go with that assesment. Had a blocked view of it at the game and wasn't sure at the time, but it is a yellow for me too, after seeing it on Alba just now.

They are just a horrible football club, and their tactics today have been part of their DNA for as long as I've been going to the fitba (a fcuking long time)

A game we could have won, and could have lost. Slightly disappointed that we lacked the guile to get past their thuggish tactics today, but on the other hand, we stood up to them and went toe to toe, when in years gone by, we'd have folded

As a matter of interest, how did we rate Greg Stewart today? For me, once again, he failed to deliver.

By the way, McKenna is some boy, fantastic again today. On one hand, annoyed that the SMSM are ignoring him but on the other, great that he can develop unhindered with their pressure
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 30-12-2017 at 10:45 PM.

I thought Rooney was magnificent.

He got good service but was really really unlucky not to score.
    I think his shoe laces were too heavy tbh.

Still our best option though obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Aye, I'll go with that assesment. Had a blocked view of it at the game and wasn't sure at the time, but it is a yellow for me too, after seeing it on Alba just now.

They are just a horrible football club, and their tactics today have been part of their DNA for as long as I've been going to the fitba (a fcuking long time)

A game we could have won, and could have lost. Slightly disappointed that we lacked the guile to get past their thuggish tactics today, but on the other hand, we stood up to them and went toe to toe, when in years gone by, we'd have folded

As a matter of interest, how did we rate Greg Stewart today? For me, once again, he failed to deliver.

By the way, McKenna is some boy, fantastic again today. On one hand, annoyed that the SMSM are ignoring him but on the other, great that he can develop unhindered with their pressure
    Hearts always have been a dirty lot.
    I’m old enough to remember when they had that dirty horrible hun b@stard Alex MacDonald as manager.
    Walter Kidd et al.
    Under Levein, they’ll revert to being the horrible dirty shower of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    were we a better side in the 2nd or 1st half? Do you think the starting 11 was correct or did he pander to Hearts set up? the change at half time suggests he got it wrong although you may believe it was due to injury. We had good opportunities, but Hearts had 3 glaring opportunities. we were the better football side with massive stats in favour, but could well have lost. A good old fashioned game.
    We were better and on top both 1st and second half.
    Considine only passed a fitness test at 11 and DM said before the game he didn’t expect him to last the whole game when Stewart would come into play.
    So we did not pander to Hearts, we were just unlucky not to break them down.
    If Rooney close effort went in, it would have meant they had to open up.

Yes they had good chances, countering our attacks, hence why I think it’s folly to suggest we needed to be more attacking.
    Any more open and they could have had more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You really are a top Don as you were at the game...well done you.

Back to my point about the tactics we played...was I correct in thinking we were using our defensive players to try and break down a stubborn Hearts who played a 5-4-1?
    Hearts the team that you state (which I don’t doubt) were defensively set up but managed to equal our 4 shots on target throughout the whole match!
    My gripe with McInnes is that he has relied on a team of a majority of defensive players to break down Hearts. Why?
    Lol, no. I’m a “top don” as I don’t criticise the team when I’ve not seen them play.

Also, you don’t think they were defensive , maybe we should go 5-4-1 and sit on the edge of our box then.
    Is that your tactic to be more attacking?

Just to remind you, there was times we only had 2 defenders (Arnason and McKenna) with Logan and Shinnie pushed forward.
    Your must be a Wind Up Merchant.
    Lol, at least your making me smile with your viewpoint (or lack of )

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast