+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I as I don’t criticise the team when I’ve not seen them play.

I was asking a genuine question and not criticising. I find it weird that we went to break down the most frugal of defences in the league with one up front. A one who is a cracking goal scorer who is out of sorts as he has been starved of service .(Mon Niall min help the loon)

Why was the same approach to the Hibs game not taken? That game proved that we can blow anyone away at home when we go for the jugular. Instead we have had a turgid 0-0 with Farts, A poor performance and a 1-0 win v bottom of the league(at the time) Partick, Fabulous win v Hibs, layed down and got our bellies tickled by the Sevco,sh@te v Motherwell ,a win v Ross County that was pretty dire viewing and well and truly schooled by celtic is a shocking manner(acceptable to some).In other words our home for has been pretty grim since we lost our unbeaten run to the pigs. 10 from 21 is not a good stat for home form

Our 6 wins in the last 12 home and away doesn't seem to be worrying anyone. That kind of form wont hold on to second spot.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 31-12-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Did we get bullied by a team of ****agers?
    No we didn't get "bullied" we were blatantly fouled, cynically tripped and fouled in order to reduce or ability to play football as Hearts couldn't cope. It resulted in the same old Levein filthy tactics. A stat fully supported by the card count.

We held our own (surprisingly) in the legit tackled and battles that were going on prior to Hearts players resorting to their cheating.

Not sure how people can say Laughable wasn't a red card.

Wasn't a bad game in all honesty, enjoyable to a point and I thought we were pretty decent for 90 minutes. Hopefully two or three January signings (including McGinn) will add a wee bit more quality.

I have to say, that any suggestions DM relied on our more “defensive” minded players to break Hearts down is a little wide of the mark. Yes AOC was used in CM first half but this allowed others inc. the full-backs to push on and with GMS, Christie and Rooney up top, we still had Shinnie and McLean trying to influence play in the Hearts half, where most of the play was.
    DM also switched roles around at various times with GMS moving to the right and KM up top with Rooney and Christie more central at times.
    When Stewart came on KM sat deeper and we tried to get Christie and GMS on the ball in the final third but we couldn’t manage it well enough or often enough.
    As others have said, the first goal would have changed the game, and from our end (RDS) how the Rooney chance just before ht didn’t go in, we couldn’t fathom!
    Hearts, to be fair too them, executed their game plan well, and almost played it like an away tie in Europe from the 80’s - sit deep, break fast to support their lone striker, and resort to fouling and time-wasting as the game went on, and it worked for them. Levein has them organised, cynical and willing to take a card for the team. ( and Lafferty’s was a red for me, all day long, but even a 2nd yellow meant he was off - how Levein can say he was “unlucky” is beyond me)That’s not how I’d like my team to play, but it’s effective up to a point.
    As far as we are concerned, as others inc. DM have said, it was the sort of game where McGinn could have made a difference, but I’ve no real complaints with tactics or efforts, only a little lack of quality for the final ball or finishing, but we had enough chances to win the game, despite Hearts’ own chances on the break.
    Roll on 2018, as I feel we could now be better placed with Niall back and GMS and Stewart more settled, and if Stevie May can click we have the chance to progress and clinch 2nd and potentially improve in Europe next season....
    Yes, I’m a “glass-half-full” type, but hey-ho...
    Happy New Year to one and all when it comes!
    Hulldon

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    I have to say, that any suggestions DM relied on our more “defensive” minded players to break Hearts down is a little wide of the mark. Yes AOC was used in CM first half but this allowed others inc. the full-backs to push on and with GMS, Christie and Rooney up top, we still had Shinnie and McLean trying to influence play in the Hearts half, where most of the play was.
    DM also switched roles around at various times with GMS moving to the right and KM up top with Rooney and Christie more central at times.
    When Stewart came on KM sat deeper and we tried to get Christie and GMS on the ball in the final third but we couldn’t manage it well enough or often enough.
    As others have said, the first goal would have changed the game, and from our end (RDS) how the Rooney chance just before ht didn’t go in, we couldn’t fathom!
    Hearts, to be fair too them, executed their game plan well, and almost played it like an away tie in Europe from the 80’s - sit deep, break fast to support their lone striker, and resort to fouling and time-wasting as the game went on, and it worked for them. Levein has them organised, cynical and willing to take a card for the team. ( and Lafferty’s was a red for me, all day long, but even a 2nd yellow meant he was off - how Levein can say he was “unlucky” is beyond me)That’s not how I’d like my team to play, but it’s effective up to a point.
    As far as we are concerned, as others inc. DM have said, it was the sort of game where McGinn could have made a difference, but I’ve no real complaints with tactics or efforts, only a little lack of quality for the final ball or finishing, but we had enough chances to win the game, despite Hearts’ own chances on the break.
    Roll on 2018, as I feel we could now be better placed with Niall back and GMS and Stewart more settled, and if Stevie May can click we have the chance to progress and clinch 2nd and potentially improve in Europe next season....
    Yes, I’m a “glass-half-full” type, but hey-ho...
    Happy New Year to one and all when it comes!
    Hulldon
    Who cares about all that

The real question is did you manage to get yourself ejected from the Sports Village?

Pacman - I’m afraid not! I was very abstemious in the Teddy Scott lounge, so was well behaved at Sports Village.... and at least I saw some goals there, albeit scored at not great pace by a bunch of 50-somethings!!

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Typical, the armchair remote fans are out in force despite not knowing how the game actually went.
    We dominated the whole game and they relied on counter attacking.
    They played a 5-4-1 formation, at times we only had 2 in defence we were pushing on so much.

Attacking so much, trying to break down the two banks of 5 and 4, we were left exposed to the counter attacks.
    McLouchlin made some really good saves.

The game could have gone either way on opportunities, but only we were taking the game to the opposition.
    Hearts came for a point, they could have sneaked 3, but we easily could have won the game as well.

If we had scored one of our chances, Hearts would have had to open up more and we would have created even more.
    Well I'm glad you are a #TopRed

Otherwise those that didn't go yesterday wouldn't have known about;

"if we had scored our one chance it would have opened hearts up..."

"McLaughlin made some good saves"

"Hearts came for a point...but we could have easily won the game as well".

I thought after that, folk would finally realise Rooney is getting absolute sitters and missing them.

Then I read the same nonsense about service.

Ridiculous.

Pacman - I’m afraid not! I was very abstemious in the Teddy Scott lounge, so was well behaved at Sports Village.... and at least I saw some goals there, albeit scored at not great pace by a bunch of 50-somethings!!
    Fair dos

How was the experience

I haven't done corporate since Shuggy Robertsons home debut v Falkirk.(to be honest ive done it twice in my life Pittodrie and Rothes)

Used to be cool man

actually perhaps not.

But your assesment of the game, from what i saw on RTI, was on the money. AOC is a limited player and if asked to be centre-mid break up guy hardly his fault if farts decide to by-pass midfield and play parkbus/hoofball. Perhaps DM saw this and reacted but , to me, it was a game crying out for McGinn and Stewart is a close as he had.

The chance you saw was a great save but I do think Rooney should (and two seasnons ago would) have buried it.

Anyway onwards and upwards

Arguments etc but...

Happy new year guys.

������

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast