+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You cant be using the transition line now. We were unbeaten in our first 7 domestic competitive games and 9 in the league

If you are talking about last season then what about the league cup. We limped out at the second hurdle this year. You don't seem to be mentioning that. You are hellbent on talking up the points situation and not the current

I will bet you we will end up worse off this season.Since our great start which is a huge factor in being second. Our current form is pointing to it. W have huffed and puffed against sh@te at home. Partick and Ross County we won but we weren't great. We have also been outplayed by Motherwell and lost, beaten by a much better team in sevco at home, drew 0-0 with Hearts who were full of kids. Hibs is the only shining light performance. All that in the last two months. What about away. Hamilton draw(aye but it was the pitches fault),good win v Killie, pumped by sevco, nae great v Dundee, St Johnstone got battered and was a good performance, and schooled by a pedestrian paced celtic who could easily have upped their game but didn't have to. (but I suppose that's acceptable)

Its totally up and down. Two very good performances since the pigs destroyed us at pittodrie. What happened to the early form

That form will not sustain second place. Not a chance

Im not looking forward to St Mirren either. They are probably better than some of the teams in our league. But im sure if they knock us out it will be ok as we have more points than last season
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The season before last (15/16) we had the same points tally as this season after the same games...........

but got papped out the league cup by lower league opposition Hibs at the first hurdle.............

then we got knocked out of the Scottish by Farts at the first hurdle

But i suppose because we had the same points as we do now this season that was also a success. You must have been pulling your hair out at the fact we had less points at new year last season. Talk about abject failure(even though we got to 2 finals)

Also to be noted in 2015/16 we finished with 71 points despite having more at new year than 16/17 where we finished with 76(which correct me if im wrong is a club record in the 3 point win days). So your points fascination at new year is bizarre
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    ^^^
    It’s just a happy clappers dream about having more points at new year.
    They don’t want to hear about any other opinion other than their blinkered view.
    The Scottish cup is our only chance of getting a trophy this season but the excuses coming out already about how often we have won it etc are cringeworthy...we are supposed to be the 2nd top team in Scotland so unless we capitulate again against Celtic along the way I fully expect us to get to the final. If we don’t then that is failure.
    New year, same old ****e, by same old posters.
    It’ll never change.
    I’ll leave you guys to get your pleasure belittling our club and ignoring anything positive.

Wish you all the best for the new year and hope the Dons go on to better things

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    New year, same old ****e, by same old posters.
    It’ll never change.
    I’ll leave you guys to get your pleasure belittling our club and ignoring anything positive.

Wish you all the best for the new year and hope the Dons go on to better things
    Lol. Happy new debating year to you also. SaCk MCInNEs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    The last lineup to get beyond the group stages (or indeed even get into the group stages) had Darren Mackie and Langfield in the side vs. Dnipro:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...en/7019712.stm

Not sure that adventurous signings are the answer.
    I think both clangers and dazza are just a wee bitty too old now mate.........

SF

I don't think we're so much a team in transition as we are a team that is currently less than the sum of its parts. I get the feeling that McInnes signed certain players purely on the basis of reputation without having a particular system in mind. May, GMS and Stewart are very good signings on paper but I still don't think DM has a clear idea how they all fit together. McGinn will hopefully bring more balance to our attack.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516