+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yes you are talking about us winning the SC on a regular basis in the 80s which we all know about.

What other period in our history have we won it on a regular basis?
    When we've been decent. We are decent now and everyone else is **** except Celtic. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It might have been just as easy in Nine**** Can**** but there hasn't been a spell where Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United and Rangers had imploded all at the same time.
    I thought Dundee Utd were a lower league team until the 70s and Hearts have been in and out of the league in their entire history.I think I’m right in saying that Hibs have just won the SC since the 1900s so what’s the excuse for us not winning it more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Stop digging. You were wrong.
    Yeah I deliberately said that because I knew someone would bite and remind us all of the Fergie era.

Congratulations have a coconut.

I thought Dundee Utd were a lower league team until the 70s and Hearts have been in and out of the league in their entire history.I think I’m right in saying that Hibs have just won the SC since the 1900s so what’s the excuse for us not winning it more often?
    So you think the last few years haven't been a great opportunity to win it compared to 2000 for example?

Yeah I deliberately said that because I knew someone would bite and remind us all of the Fergie era.

Congratulations have a coconut.

Aye sure you did - have a monkey nut for being a troll.
    Alex Smith / Jocky Scott was the last manager (combo?) to win the SC with Aberdeen.

Last edited by Hairdrier; 31-12-2017 at 08:39 PM.

How cool was Shinnie when Lafferty got red carded for halfing him. He actually stopped others from going for it. Was it Christie that ran up?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Last season first ten games DDWLDWWWWL
    This season first ten games WWWWDDWWWL

The difference being excellent start this season is keeping us second for now. The two seasons are opposite so far we have gone down hill this season after a good start where we got better as the season went on after a poor start last season

If our erratic form continues we will be quickly replaced in second. Since that embarrassing mullering to the pigs at Pittodrie we have went down hill. 6 wins in 12 is proof. We are lucky sevco have done the same.
    We’ve played more than 10 games, we’ve played 21 and have 3 more points to boot.
    If you recall we had a **** period just after those 10 games in the October period.
    It has nothing to do with SevCo.
    We are in transition with more than half the team new. (McKenna, Arnason, GMS / Wright, Christie, Stewart & May), not even counting Tansey, Ball, Maynard who are also new and played a part in the team.
    Despite this transition, we remain better off this year than last.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So you think the last few years haven't been a great opportunity to win it compared to 2000 for example?
    Ah yes the great Hearts,Hibs and Dundee Utd teams of the 2000s,how many of them won the SC in that decade?

Fearts once I believe but you can’t blame them we had the world class Livingston and Dunfermline teams back in those days

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Aye sure you did - have a monkey nut for being a troll.
    Alex Smith / Jocky Scott was the last manager (combo?) to win the SC with Aberdeen.

Na really did they?

I didn’t know that

Ah yes the great Hearts,Hibs and Dundee Utd teams of the 2000s,how many of them won the SC in that decade?

Fearts once I believe but you can’t blame them we had the world class Livingston and Dunfermline teams back in those days

Missing the point Rico but I think you know that.

Rangers AND Celtic were miles better then than they are now. So were Hibs and Hearts compared to how they are now.

We were pish.

So...easier then or the last few years?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast