+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    It seems to be a back 3 of McKenna, Arnason and Maclean. Logan more midfield. Maynard and wright coming on. Arnason and GMS off..wtf??
    What are you blethering aboot? Garbage like this doesn't deserve a decent reply.

Nonsense.

MOTM - McKenna, super showing from the young Centre Half and is getting better by the game. I prefer him and Arnason in there.

A really pathetic performance by O'Connor for me. He walked about the pitch most of the time and was too slow to react to anything. He is in that position to break things up and get torn in, miles aff the pace.

I don't think we can be too unhappy, we battered them second half but just could not score. Hearts are dirty, physical and organised team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    What are you blethering aboot? Garbage like this doesn't deserve a decent reply.

Nonsense.
    I was stating the formation we were playing with and while I was writing that the double substitution was made so I mentioned that too and expressed an opinion that I found it somewhat bizarre...if that's okay with you?

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    I was stating the formation we were playing with and while I was writing that the double substitution was made so I mentioned that too and expressed an opinion that I found it somewhat bizarre...if that's okay with you?
    If you are going to state the formation, dinnae tell fibs. You can mislead posters who aren't watching the game.

It was the usual back 4 but with McLean coming to collect the ball from them and Lewis to distribute up the pitch. The only one in the team that actually has the range of passing capable of doing this. McLean (not Maclean) was not at LB, ever.

Did we get bullied by a team of ****agers?

We're still not getting enough crosses into the box for Rooney but that'll change with the signing of McGinn, we did enough to win that today.

That performance perfectly summed up those purple hunb*stards. There's no way they could compete with us playing it on the deck so they resorted to their usual hacking, cheating, time wasting and longball sh1te.

I sincerely hope that Levein's and Lafferty's next sh1tes are massive hedgehogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Did we get bullied by a team of ****agers?
    Don’t think we got bullied at all. We gave as much physical stuff back at them, but our challenges were fair. Hearts played a solid two lines of four which proved very difficult to get past. It was actually quite an enjoyable game.

Hearts had 5 yellow cards and a red, we didn't have any.

Why did we start with one up front against a team who keep goals out for fun (5 previous games were clean sheets). The one up front who is being starved of service this season.

Im no Fergie or Michels but that seems to be making a clearly good defence have it easy. Doesnt seem like the wisest tactic

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Why did we start with one up front against a team who keep goals out for fun (5 previous games were clean sheets). The one up front who is being starved of service this season.

Im no Fergie or Michels but that seems to be making a clearly good defence have it easy. Doesnt seem like the wisest tactic
    This is a major flaw with McInnes. We rely far too much on defensive players having to do the attacking for us. We don’t have the ability to break down half decent teams who sit in and play the way that McInnes likes.
    At home especially we should be setting up to score goals against any team in the league that we play. Our lack of keeping the opposition goalkeeper busy has been a problem this season.
    Hopefully more like McGinn coming in will rectify a weakness that needs solved quickly.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 30-12-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast