+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gordon Banks at 80

Gordon Banks at 80

Name:  gordon banks.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  93.4 KB

Legend, and often seen in Rotherham. Met him in the papershop at Worrygoose Island a few times. A bit like meeting Lee Camp at Ravenfield chippy, I suppose.
    Last edited by sota; 30-12-2017 at 08:02 AM.

I've read his Autobiography, the book called 'Banksy' published by Michael Joseph.
    Not to everyone's taste though I enjoyed reading it.

and he,s still better than what we,ve got.

Played for the mighty Rawmarsh Welfare, top goalie.

...ex-father-in-law worked and managed Milspaur(?) years ago. A scout came to look at their midfield player and ended up with GB. They got a bag of balls and some new nets. When GB was on Thie is your Life they invited Albert to appear on it, which he did. He proudly had the photo of them on top of the tele for years.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...ex-father-in-law worked and managed Milspaur(?) years ago. A scout came to look at their midfield player and ended up with GB. They got a bag of balls and some new nets. When GB was on Thie is your Life they invited Albert to appear on it, which he did. He proudly had the photo of them on top of the tele for years.
    Millspaugh mate. Not a bad effort though

The word legend is used far to often today. It should be reserved for players like Gordon Banks.