+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Swindon Town 30/12/17

Along with Crewe, that’s probably the worst we’ve played all season. Can hopefully respond to it the way we did that one with a decent unbeaten run.

We just looked really leggy and never got going. Really missed the injured players, without Ameobi (or Forte) the ball just wouldn’t stick upfront, and our midfield is much better at pressing to win second balls than they are creating stuff from deep themselves.

Also badly missed Duffy at the back, with Brisley looking all at sea without him, and in turn Hewitt’s energy in midfield.

Not a disaster by any means and we’re still in a great position, but could definitely do with the freshness of Noble and one or two other new faces in the next couple of weeks. Having to turn to Hodge and Saunders off the bench really isn’t ideal.

Just got back. What a difference a few days make, Fitz did nothing wrong and I thought Hewitt had a good game , the rest were awful though I don't think you can attach any blame to Stead , talk about having to fight a lone battle ! Swindon surprised me , I thought they would be a good team but they were c**p and if the real Notts had turned up we would have rolled them easily

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Just got back. What a difference a few days make, Fitz did nothing wrong and I thought Hewitt had a good game , the rest were awful though I don't think you can attach any blame to Stead , talk about having to fight a lone battle ! Swindon surprised me , I thought they would be a good team but they were c**p and if the real Notts had turned up we would have rolled them easily
    We may have done if we hadn't reverted back to Hoof ball again. I cant see the point in just kicking the ball anywhere and it just comes straight back. The game was awful to watch, and if we continue playing this type of crap we will soon be out of contention...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We may have done if we hadn't reverted back to Hoof ball again. I cant see the point in just kicking the ball anywhere and it just comes straight back. The game was awful to watch, and if we continue playing this type of crap we will soon be out of contention...
    " Hoof ball ", spot on durham and why hoof it to a player who never wins a header and if he did today there would have been nobody there to pick up the pieces. My MOM against Morecambe, ( still prefer it with an 0 but don't want Elite on my back ) Alessandra was back to the reason he's usually sub and my favourite player this season , Tootle , had a stinker . Don't understand why Dicko played instead of Jones either.
    Last edited by navypie; 30-12-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not just yet, Tarkers. We lost 1-0 in poor conditions to a good side. All teams lose, ask Luton.
    "a good side " , you obviously didn't go gump.

Is it the start of our bad patch, hopefully our marquee signing and Noble back will push us on

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    " Hoof ball ", spot on durham and why hoof it to a player who never wins a header and if he did today there would have been nobody there to pick up the pieces. My MOM against Morecambe, ( still prefer it with an 0 but don't want Elite on my back ) Alessandra was back to the reason he's usually sub and my favourite player this season , Tootle , had a stinker . Don't understand why Dicko played instead of Jones either.
    We have too many below average players who only perform very occasionally. Our so-called wingers never seem able to take players on down the flanks, and on the rare occasion they do venture that far up the pitch, they give the ball away far to easily..
    I cant see why we bothered to sign Noble, because all we keep doing is booting the ball over everyone's head to a player that never wins any of them...

Well I am glad that some of the faithful away attendees agree with me.......that was the most complete "chalk and cheese" performance that I have ever seen after our domination at Morecambe.....I suspect that the FA might want to have a closer look at this game to decide whether a decent bung has exchanged sweaty palms.

The Swindon forum were calling for Flitcroft to be sacked last game......tonight I suspect that they are wondering how we are 2nd in the table....Swindon were awful, ......conspiracy theories anyone?

All teams are going to have an off game from time to time. The thing that makes it worse today is that Luton lost and also Lincoln have closed the gap. So we have not been able to capitalise.

If we can only lose one game in ten then we are certainly doing something right generally. Let’s not forget that after 25 games only four teams Swindon, Crewe, Mansfield and Coventry have got the better of us.

In my opinion talk of things not working are wide of the mark and premature. We are 2nd in the league and 5 points clear of 4th place in the automatic promotion places so we have been doing things right over the course of tha season so far. Maybe things did not work out today, it happens as we are not Man City we are Notts County in league two.

The best thing this team can do is put it right against Port Vale at home on Monday and get back to our standards and the rest will come.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Will be interesting to see the ratings dicko and grant get.
    Dicko a generous 4

Grant, a very generous 3, time he was "rested" Spent the whole game moaning and whinging, and sulking like a 10 year old. Kicking out again at the left back on a couple of occasions. Petulant kid is he.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast