+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy clappers....defend this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    In the blood mate,in the blood.Right now I have had enough though.Torture to watch yoir team shamed.
    But you’ll be there next Tuesday , just like the majority of us fans ...... good times and bad times George , good times and bad times mate

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    In the blood mate,in the blood.Right now I have had enough though.Torture to watch yoir team shamed.
    Yup it is in all our bloodstreams and there is not a transfusion available to resolve the issue. I know that feeling too well unfortunately.

I wish - sometimes- I could turn off the bond between Queens and myself. No more dissapointments and feeling on a more even keel in general. It is impossible though and a sense of duty always makes me come back. To be honest , if I was again a young boy getting interested it football , I'd do the same .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 30-12-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Cold comfort but at least we're scoring goals now. Just got to plug the gaping hole(s) at the back.

Fair point.Regarding the goals scored,but the defence and midfield are brutal.The annoying thing is Queens are good enough.A five goal display away to Dunfermline. Twice scoring four against Falkirk.Could anyone have seen those scores coming at the start of the season?Consistency is the problem.Attitude is another.We approach too many games trying to avoid defeat.This is the managers mantra.

I certainly think the attitude up to about 5 games ago was to go into games looking not to get beat rather than win but not now since he started playing Kane and Stirling. We actually look threatening when we break forward. Even though we are getting beat, we are imo far more entertaining to watch than the bore fest previously.

Take the Saints game. When we went two up it might have been better to sit back a bit rather than to push for a 3rd, till half time.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I certainly think the attitude up to about 5 games ago was to go into games looking not to get beat rather than win but not now since he started playing Kane and Stirling. We actually look threatening when we break forward. Even though we are getting beat, we are imo far more entertaining to watch than the bore fest previously.

Take the Saints game. When we went two up it might have been better to sit back a bit rather than to push for a 3rd, till half time.
    When we were two nil up Saints looked extremely vulnerable at the back and were rocking so it was right that we pressed for the third goal at that point. It was the stupidity of their opening goal which changed things around from a position we were comfortable with however as they say a 2-0 lead can be the most dangerous but I would rather be in that position than the other way round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)