+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walsall Post Match Thoughts

Had to laugh reading the “up the Saddlers” message board where the following comment was made:

Only got ourselves to blame, we created enough chances to win that game against a mediocre Rotherham side, who's only threat in the second half was a basketball player that must be on loan from the LA Lakers.

Just had at the match stats on the BBC football website - the Millers had far more possession, shots at goal. shots on target, and corners... more like typical stats for a home team rather than an away one. Walsall fans can have no complaints about the result based on that
    Last edited by mikemiller; 30-12-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Well done Warney on fetching Moore on , we would have struggled to get the three points if not.
    Some good play against a good side
    Ajayi and Emmanuel did well again with Vaulks doing his usual colourblind thing he does

Get in!

Yep Moore did make a difference. Best players today for me were Emmanuel, Towell, frecks, Ball, Forde -who played really well against former club.

Couldn't get to the Bescot today, had to rely on local radio comms.
    Sounded a decent game and one we deserved to win.

A couple of questions for anyone that did go.

1. Did Jerry Yates do enough to warrant a start against Blackburn ?
    2. When Jerry was replaced by Moore did Kieffer improve the game any ?

Up to 7th and two points outside the playoffs.
    Bring it on Blackburn.

Jerry Yates is not as good as Moore and I think to compare them is pointless.

Yates has been playing in a winning team so has helped us get wins and deserves credit for that.

The system is better now and yes Moore made a difference when he came on no doubt about it.

Don’t think Yates is a long term solution in terms of goals but for me he’s more effective and puts more effort in than JCH so yes he has to start against Blackburn.
    It’s nice to be winning again irrespective who is in the team.
    I’ve just witnessed another away win so I’m happy with that and don’t give a toss who plays as long as we’re doing well.

UTM

I'm not comparing them Pocket, two entirely different players.
    I'm trying to point out that now KM has gone back and if he doesn't fetch anyone in then we will have to go with what we've got.
    If you're happy to go with that then that's fine by me.

Do note that a defender scored again today.

EDIT : He doesn't have to start v Blackburn, we can pack midfield and play Ball up top on his own.

As welcome as todays win was now we concentrate on Monday. If Moore isn't here got to be JCH up front with Ball. Play a proper centre back, move Vaulks into midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    I'm not comparing them Pocket, two entirely different players.
    I'm trying to point out that now KM has gone back and if he doesn't fetch anyone in then we will have to go with what we've got.
    If you're happy to go with that then that's fine by me.

Do note that a defender scored again today.

EDIT : He doesn't have to start v Blackburn, we can pack midfield and play Ball up top on his own.
    I agree Casper he’s not the long term option but he’s all we’ve got cause JCH is too lazy imo.
    We need to bring someone in and hopefully we will.

Get AJAYI up front 😉

UTM

Great result, well done Millers. I wouldn't argue with the mediocre slur. Guy who said it probably thinks that it is another word for rubbish, when in fact it means good and bad in equal measure. To be fair that word has summed up our season so far.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast