+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: a point saved!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    When its involved a previous manager who you didnt rate and maybe wanted out Animal, did you ever agree with the fans booing then ?.
    I agree this was always a gamble to sign an unknown and untested kid like Ugbo, even though it was from a club like Chelski, but for various reasons its not worked out has it and I dont expect it to in any of the remaining games. We have better attacking options than him and with a few tweaks here and there in January, I really dont see the need to play him at all to be honest and today it sounds like a lot of our fans didnt appreciate it at all.

ps - Your mate Colin Paddy has just announced us on Ch5 Jules, and our highlights are now being shown!!
    Say hello to him again from us all wont you lol.
    Booing is never good to hear , often I've understood why , if players aren't giving their all like under Wilson or a manager that was well backed financially like Davey .

Never understood the stick Keef got , mission impossible on that budget .

Pinnock.... heads out of defence... onto Pinnock, who heads forward off the top of his head.... To Pinnock, who heads in......
    Yes!! Pinnock!!
    We need 11Pinnocks.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Booing is never good to hear , often I've understood why , if players aren't giving their all like under Wilson or a manager that was well backed financially like Davey .

Never understood the stick Keef got , mission impossible on that budget .
    Agreed Animal....
    But we have the right to complain...... and at the moment, ( although I didn’t boo) I feel that we cut the Manager too much slack.
    Sometimes.... he needs to hear that the fans aren’t 100% behind his decisions.
    I am a customer, as well as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Does he “deserve” the right to take us down? He makes poor decisions.
    The team for me this week, are not to blame. Towed and towed. Worked hard. Missed chances, yes.
    But worked VERY HARD,
    if he thinks that the forwards on the bench are that poor, that he has to push Pinnock, a defender up to get a goal...then what does that say about our youth?
    Why has he given the forwards at the club who are youths a long contract....?
    Time to use the,
    The kid Ugbo scored for fun in Chelsea's development teams , what makes you think our own youth would perform any better ?

Jules.. no of course he and nobody deserves the chance to take us down, and Im talking about him deserving to say in the hope that this bad run will turn around. If the results carry on this badly though by Feb 1st, then surely even he cant make anymore excuses.

Animal.. ok going back to Keef again, yes of course it was a mission impossible and I dont think anybody could have kept us up on that budget, at that time when everybody else was breaking the soon to be invented FFP's. Ive explained my gripes against Keef were because of his attitude which he started to show pretty quickly, as soon as our fans started to question those poor results.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Agreed Animal....
    But we have the right to complain...... and at the moment, ( although I didn’t boo) I feel that we cut the Manager too much slack.
    Sometimes.... he needs to hear that the fans aren’t 100% behind his decisions.
    I am a customer, as well as a fan.
    He's not a manager Jules he's an Head Coach , huge difference in the two roles , which is exactly why we need to cut him the slack .

Charlene Pinnock has a lovely recipe for a Chinese Chicken Veg Soup.

Jules.. no of course he and nobody deserves the chance to take us down, and Im talking about him deserving to say in the hope that this bad run will turn around. If the results carry on this badly though by Feb 1st, then surely even he cant make anymore excuses.

Animal.. ok going back to Keef again, yes of course it was a mission impossible and I dont think anybody could have kept us up on that budget, at that time when everybody else was breaking the soon to be invented FFP's. Ive explained my gripes against Keef were because of his attitude which he started to show pretty quickly, as soon as our fans started to question those poor results.
    Yeh that's the problem , you question and never factor in the issues as to why results are poor .

Keef was an arrogant t osser but I don't have to like someone to understand the problems he faced .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The kid Ugbo scored for fun in Chelsea's development teams , what makes you think our own youth would perform any better ?
    What the kid did with Chelski's youth teams has no relevance whatsoever for us and our first teams hopes in the Champship. I have been asking myself that though, do we have any kids who can and would be worse than what Ugbo has turned out to be ?.

And yes I do actually (Yeh that's the problem , you question and never factor in the issues as to why results are poor .), and Ive answered this on here recently. Ponty explained it well in a thread yesterday and and he summed up all the reasons why I also dont think Hecky can be defended in a lot of areas.
    Last edited by Acido; 30-12-2017 at 10:10 PM.

What the kid did with Chelski's youth teams has no relevance whatsoever for us and our first teams hopes in the Champship. I have been asking myself that though, do we have any kids who can and would be worse than what Ugbo has turned out to be ?.

And yes I do actually (Yeh that's the problem , you question and never factor in the issues as to why results are poor .), and Ive answered this on here recently. Ponty explained it well in a thread yesterday and and he summed up all the reasons why I also dont think Hecky can be defended in a lot of areas.
    If Hecky thought they were ready and good enough then why wouldn't he throw them in ?

When Ponty and now yourself actually understand the role of an HC as ESR pointed out it may offer you the opportunity to discuss why we are where we are with more flexibility .

Clue .

He ain't the one totally responsible by a long way .

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast