+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: a point saved!

Alright Esr I agree thats enough of these silly games & names on here.

Will you and Animal & co let me post my comments on here without the same constant negative critical stuff from the pair of you ?.
    Look I also want the best from our team and from this manager/coach, but I dont appreciate being told that everything I post against Hecky is wrong, or irrelevant, or inflexible etc. Especially when I think some of it is true and relevant, and also Im NOT the only one to think this and post this am I.
    Last edited by Acido; 31-12-2017 at 01:12 AM.

This is a forum and the last I knew a forum meant "A place where an Individual could express their opinions to provide an open debate between like minded individuals"?
    Deabate being the point, every one of us has the right to come on here and express an "opinion" we are all fans of the same club and should be pulling in the same direction for the good of the club!
    It matters not one jot really what any of us "think" we can be frustrated, happy, angry or even suicidal but it will not affect the Management, team or owners of Barnsley Football Club so therefore GET BEHIND THEM, we are supporters of a club we will love until we die through thick and thin, good and bad.
    Fact - We are not in the relegation zone.
    Fact - We are in the 2nd league of English football.
    Fact - We are one of the most successful smaller clubs of recent times.
    Fact - We have the best fans in England.
    Fact - Hecky is one of our own.....Lol

It's not too bad really is it, right or wrong what will get Hecky the sack is constant booing, fans not attending games, buying season tickets or protesting and everyone that pays their money has the right if they wish to carry out one or some of these actions.
    However has it really got to that point yet.......I think not!

Come on you Redsssssss and lets see what the second half of the season brings.

I like some of those facts Perky, that we still OWN this division/league as we've played more games here than any other team lol.
    Ok no we're not in the relegation zone and Id desperately take this now if I could, and a survival act this season by 1 or 2 points.

Did anybody hear Colin Paddy & Micky Gray on Ch5 tonight, I think their comments about us were simple but sensible.
    They suggested the big money is not and shouldnt be an issue to begin with, theirs and ours aim immediatley is to stay up this season, and then take it on from there. Dont try to run before you can walk etc, and I think thats very sound advice.

Yes mate I did watch it and funnily enough Mickey Gray echoed what we have been saying for a while!
    Bring in some experienced players so that the young lads can learn from them and it will steady the ship....wise words Mickey.
    Hopefully the new owners will allow us to adapt the demographic a bit so that the ship sails to calmer waters?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Will you and Animal & co let me post my comments on here without the same constant negative critical stuff from the pair of you ?.
    Look I also want the best from our team and from this manager/coach, but I dont appreciate being told that everything I post against Hecky is wrong, or irrelevant, or inflexible etc. Especially when I think some of it is true and relevant, and also Im NOT the only one to think this and post this am I.
    Yes you post your stuff Acido

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

I don't believe I'm reading this
    You want immunity from posts disagreeing with you
    Dream on
    Mind you,posts criticising PC get the same treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    There’s been a few contracts dished out lately to the YOUTH.....
    And a great deal of IFOLLOW/CLUB hype.....
    So when, will we see some coming through? Cos there ain’t one we still have that’s playing Championship for us!
    Byrd, Mottley, odebayejo?......
    May as well shut the academy and U23 down. It produces nothing......... Only profit for the owners, and a few good displays for super fans like Roma at the U23 matches.....LOL. LOL
    That’s going to be the big investment area so maybe some heads will start to roll in the Academy if they don’t start and produce more stars . Bobby Hassell needs to pull his finger out .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I don't believe I'm reading this
    You want immunity from posts disagreeing with you
    Dream on
    Mind you,posts criticising PC get the same treatment
    But then complains if no one replies . I think Acido is saying start and agree with him or don’t reply .

Acido is making a valid point and giving valid reasons for his points as are Jules and myself. I'd quote but this post would last forever. I do agree and like everything they've posted on this thread.

The issues raised both about results this year, Hecky and the lack of productivity in the academy to the extent that Ugbo gets a game echo my sentiments exactly.

Green shoots of recovery?

This was a game we could have and should have won. I think there were a lot more positives than negatives from this game. In a way that last minute equaliser by Ethan Pinnock reminded me of when Conor Hourihane equalised against Sheffield United on Saturday 28th November 2015. The relief around the ground was palpable.
    We went on to win our next game, but then had a horror show at home to Wigan, after dumping them out of the FL Trophy on penalties. Then the recovery started. A postponed game away at Bury meant that we didn't have to play 2 games in 3 days, and we went on a 9 match winning run. Lee Johnson started the turn around, but having the Football League Trophy games helped, in that it gave the players extra games in which to gel.
    It is much more difficult for Paul Heckingbottom this season. In the promotion season, we brought in 5 players that that played an effective role in the team, plus 4 on loan.
    Before the start of this season we have brought in TEN players, plus Moncur back from loan, and 4 loanees. No wonder it is taking more time to find the best team, and for the players to gel. On top of that we have had a number of injuries.
    Hecky is not the Messiah, and he has been a naughty boy now and then, with his team selection and substituions. But not only has he had to start from scratch, he lost his assistant (the naughty Tommy Wright).
    Lee Johnson wasn't the Messiah either, and he was a very naughty boy, with his team selection, tactics and substitutions in the FA Cup at Altrincham. Fair enough he is doing well at Bristol this season, but has only had to tweak the side from the previous season by spending £10 million on 4 players. We have had a complete overhaul, and still need 3 or 4 quality players in for us to avoid relegation.
    I don't want Hecky to be sacked, as I have no idea who could come in and do a better job. We are on a bad run, no win in 10, drawing 4 and losing 6. We lost 8 on the trot in the league under Johnson, plus humiliated in the FA Cup.
    As I said at the beginning there were positives, the main one being Ethan Pinnock. Also, thought Gardener and Williams played well together in a midfield two. The wingers played well and Thiam had his best game so far. As for Ugbo, I don't rate him, but we have probably got a deal with Chelsea, like we had with Ryan Kent last year, that they have to play so many games. We have him until the end of the season, but I would try and send him back.
    The transfer window will be crucial for us.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast