+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chalky

Chalky

Not a bad following you had today
    Name:  113.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  69.0 KB

What ground is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    What ground is that?
    They're called stadiums now Rammy

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Not a bad following you had today
    Name:  113.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  69.0 KB
    County Ground Swindon Rammy

So that small crowd is the home support? I met most of them at Crewe

😉

I fancied our chances before the game gaz but it wasn't to be,not the best game that I've seen this season but I've seen worst (Forest Green)
    Port Vale did us a favour by beating Luton but we've got them tomorrow but I won't be there because of work,how do you feel about this season,Notts are punching above their weight imo but I'm not complaining,I was surprised to find out on local radio that Swindon (before yesterday's game) had the worst home record in league two and the best away record!!

NCFC best team in Nottingham and far bigger than that bunch on the other side of the river.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_ncfc View Post
    I fancied our chances before the game gaz but it wasn't to be,not the best game that I've seen this season but I've seen worst (Forest Green)
    Port Vale did us a favour by beating Luton but we've got them tomorrow but I won't be there because of work,how do you feel about this season,Notts are punching above their weight imo but I'm not complaining,I was surprised to find out on local radio that Swindon (before yesterday's game) had the worst home record in league two and the best away record!!
    We have now won five home games in 2017 (this season and last season) My son decided to start going for our last two home games last season. It's a good job he went away with me as until we beat you he had never seen us win at home as he missed the game we won and drew.

I thought we were the better team in that we battled more and showed more commitment and could easily of banged a couple in 1st half. Your Grant and Stead were your downfall IMO as they couldn't handle it and no doubt, like you, thought we would be a walkover given losing 0-5 to Luton. These two players were losing the plot and made for great entertainment at my end lol.

We eased off towards the end and you desperately tried to equalise but a lack of on target kicking and a brilliant tip over save from our number 2 keeper kept the score as it should of been - 1-0.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game due to the win - the antics of your two players and the banter from our fans.

If you'd had told me you were coming down I could of got you a beer and we could have watched the Gers.

Fans nearly always say "we didn't play well" when they lose.

Some Luton fans were on a Swindon forum arguing with me as I said neither team (Swindon or Luton) looked very good despite 0-5 to them. I left the convo last week but went back in on Saturday and pointed out the Vale 4-0 result lol Karma is wonderful.

In general this league is very poor in quality of football and it seems no team is standing out as top dogs. We beat Luton at theirs 3-0. We beat Port Vale at theirs 3-0.Both times we looked really good. Laz went to Crewe and said we looked really good when we beat them.
    I conclude we or any team is only as good as the opposition allow and we were better on the days.

Yes Swindon played well at Crewe but Crewe were awful in the first half and you could have scored six. They (Crewe) improved in the second half, but it was a deserved win. I even got to see Gordon play too, even though I was not sure which one was him as I have never seen him in Derby colours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast