+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we drop Adam Davies

Do we drop Adam Davies

We keep on suggesting it because he as our last line of defense, is making too many mistakes now and normally a mistake of his means a goal conceded. Hes been ace for us at times and its a shame to have to point out the mistakes, but I think he also knows the fact that we dont have a great back-up to challenge him and I expect Nick Townsend has had enough and will be off soon.

It brings about the question and any fan at any club can ask this... Should any player at a club be 'un-droppable' ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We keep on suggesting it because he as our last line of defense, is making too many mistakes now and normally a mistake of his means a goal conceded. Hes been ace for us at times and its a shame to have to point out the mistakes, but I think he also knows the fact that we dont have a great back-up to challenge him and I expect Nick Townsend has had enough and will be off soon.

It brings about the question and any fan at any club can ask this... Should any player at a club be 'un-droppable' ?.
    NO. He stays in goal for me

He's a top goalie , last month or so made some big errors , not helped by constant changes in our defence , be it illness or injury , he has reached a record number of games ( deservedly) the Captain armband maybe effecting him ? He may need dropping and allow Townsend a chance , if the defence doesn't get swapped around much and he has time to gel with them , Townsend is equally as good as Davies IMO
    Last edited by Romared; 30-12-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Who's Turnbull

I used to appreciate Ross Turnbull, and it took a while before I thought we'd eventually got a better keeper in Adam Davies.
    And speaking of sticking Ethan Pinnock up front late on, hell why dont we stick Nick Townsend up front as well in the 90th minute, what can go wrong ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I used to appreciate Ross Turnbull, and it took a while before I thought we'd eventually got a better keeper in Adam Davies.
    And speaking of sticking Ethan Pinnock up front late on, hell why dont we stick Nick Townsend up front as well in the 90th minute, what can go wrong ?.
    Having a dig for Hecky throwing on a winger and somebody attacking the cross with intent and aggression and rescuing a point .

You were on bbs at the time acido slagging Hecky off when the ball hit the back of the net .

Yes and I was obviously the only one doing so wasnt I Animal, which is the way your acting and suggesting here. Is Hecky your brother or uncle or cousin or something ?.
    His change of tactics did work perfectly for the goal, Ive no problem agreeing with that. But we were all as glum as hell at the time didnt you notice, when we were 0-1 behind again and a goal looked a million miles away yet again.
    Last edited by Acido; 30-12-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Drop him off a cliff for me yes he has had a good game or 2
    but he has no presence to control his box he rarely comes for the ball on a cross.
    Dropping him might make him a better keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    Drop him off a cliff for me yes he has had a good game or 2
    but he has no presence to control his box he rarely comes for the ball on a cross.
    Dropping him might make him a better keeper.
    Well he didnt react at all for their cross and goal today YB, but it was a really good winger 'style' whipped in cross and keepers do find it hard when the cross is that good. Theres other times as well though where his distribution of the ball upfield has been awful and its getting worse actually.

In fairness to davies the 2 defender's should have dealt with that, not many keepers could have got out to that as the cross was swinging away from goal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast