+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outhought and outmuscled.

Outhought and outmuscled.

We could still be playing and wouldn't score.
    They did a complete job on us and we didn't have the pace,guile or intelligence to counter them. Horrible anti football thugs that have EVERY trick in the book but that's absolutely NO excuse. We were ponderously slow in thought and movement and they couldn't believe their luck we decided to play hoof with them rather than football.
    Guilty yet again of way over egging it instead of getting decent ball into the box and shots off,and quite why the back 3 want to f u c k about passing it back and forth when any one of them in possession has 40 yards of empty grass in front of them to charge into,draw a man and then pass the fu c king thing forward or wide is beyond me.
    Sun setting on Sharp. Shouldn't have started. Had 2 rebound opportunities but had stopped moving beforehand on both occaisions. Shouldn't be on the bench at Derby.
    They were first to every ball and won every second ball.

They didn’t do a job. They scored then got lucky we couldn’t hit a barn door. They let us in for enough opportunities.

Just wasn’t our day. Like 6 others of the last 8.

We need better players. Simple.

Keep believing that pal. They weren't lucky,they worked like b a s ta rds to win every ball,block every cross,close us down and we werent good enough. And if your answer to not being able to beat sh i t like Bolton is we need better players god help us.
    Only Clarke earned a wage today.
    Just wasn't our day is the biggest load of kak excuse ever. You make your own luck and we got the luck we deserved.
    They did a great job on us and if you can't just accept that I pray Wilder does or we are f u c ked.

We were unlucky against Bristol city today they wanted it more,dint think I'd hear myself say that about a wilder team,we played into their hands the game was played how they wanted it to not us,I posted before the game about battling and earning the right to play football we didn't manage it today. Hate the scumbag but madine bossed our back 3 today

For all those questioning the line up quite a lot on here were in favour of resting baldock before a ball was kicked

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    They did a complete job on us and we didn't have the pace,guile or intelligence to counter them. Horrible anti football thugs that have EVERY trick in the book but that's absolutely NO excuse. We were ponderously slow in thought and movement and they couldn't believe their luck we decided to play hoof with them rather than football.
    Guilty yet again of way over egging it instead of getting decent ball into the box and shots off,and quite why the back 3 want to f u c k about passing it back and forth when any one of them in possession has 40 yards of empty grass in front of them to charge into,draw a man and then pass the fu c king thing forward or wide is beyond me.
    Sun setting on Sharp. Shouldn't have started. Had 2 rebound opportunities but had stopped moving beforehand on both occaisions. Shouldn't be on the bench at Derby.
    We opened them up enuff to have won the game Sean,Leon should've scored twice.UTCB

we definetly need more in the final third we had enough possesion but we just need a couple more players in this area who can just do something different and chris is alluding to this in his interview

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    we got round the back of em about 10 times in the game through some good football,the strikers missed a couple pf sitters and the final ball was lacking ,second half moore touched the ball twice. wilder got team selection wrong but he had his reasons,. we defo need 4 or 5 players ready to go straight into the team quicker and sharper than what we have at the moment though.

I have to say I agree with the sentiments expressed by SBT and Bully. I think they did do a job on us. They were quicker to nearly every second ball and the game was played as they wanted it, not the way we did. They worked very hard and played to their strengths and somehow, we were drawn into that type of contest.
    I also agree with Rod, in that we did have the chances to have won it, but over the game, I only remember about 3 clear cut and two half chances. On another day we might convert one or two and get something from the game, but really, three good chances over 90 minutes was disappointing. Too often, as we got to the final third, our attack would check and go backwards, by which time their defence was set.
    Finally, their goal highlighted our defensive weakness. It wasn’t a set piece as one might expect from Bolton, but a decent cross from the left and as too often happens, we had no central defender patrolling that nearest 6 yard line. Watch really good defences, they always have a man there.

Enda had a poor match again (I know there were others!). If only we could have George and Jack doubles on the opposite flanks!

And, bring back Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    We used to have a good defender patrolling the nearest six yard line Ronnie his name was Jake Wright wonder what happened to him!
    Good question! Although I could understand him perhaps not playing against Bolton, purely on a height basis, but of course, as it happened, they scored from a low cross. Ah well, that’s the way it goes sometimes.
    Sincerely hope I’m wrong, but I fear the worst at Derby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast