+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outhought and outmuscled.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Chuffin hell Charlie don't agree wi me,some will think you're an idiot. It was a poor game but as i've said we had enuff opportunities to have won,by deliverin better crosses and finishin the good passes/crosses that did happen.It was very frustratin just what the borin Parky wanted. UTCB
    Wrong rod. It wasn't what boring Parky wanted. It was what boring Parky got his outfit to fight tooth and nail for and they earned it.
    Our crossing was largely crap. Seldom beat the first man and when it did they had a player on the edge of the 6 yard box to clear it comfortably. They also won the overwhelming number of clearances.
    Accept we couldnt find a way to beat them and stop doing the we were unlucky/we could have won rubbish.
    We werent and we didnt!

Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Wrong rod. It wasn't what boring Parky wanted. It was what boring Parky got his outfit to fight tooth and nail for and they earned it.
    Our crossing was largely crap. Seldom beat the first man and when it did they had a player on the edge of the 6 yard box to clear it comfortably. They also won the overwhelming number of clearances.
    Accept we couldnt find a way to beat them and stop doing the we were unlucky/we could have won rubbish.
    We werent and we didnt!

Happy New Year.
    Sean you have to accept some will have different opinions,i don't know how ya can say the borin Parky dint want to spoil the game,and i think we shudda won whatever ya say their keeper made more saves than ours and Leon missed 2 chances he'd normally score with,Jack shudda scored as shud The DON.It seems my opinion is more in line wi the MESSIAH's than yours but as i say we're all entitled to our views,and finally i wish you and yours and every BLADE and their families a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    i dont think they were crap just organised and we couldnt break them down it just highlighted for me that we need at least a couple of attack minded players with pace who can take people out of the game think brooks would have been ideal for that role if we had had him yesterday
    But we did break them down......5 or 6 times but couldn't finish.

Sean you have to accept some will have different opinions,i don't know how ya can say the borin Parky dint want to spoil the game,and i think we shudda won whatever ya say their keeper made more saves than ours and Leon missed 2 chances he'd normally score with,Jack shudda scored as shud The DON.It seems my opinion is more in line wi the MESSIAH's than yours but as i say we're all entitled to our views,and finally i wish you and yours and every BLADE and their families a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.UTCB
    Don't think I made myself clear rod. What I meant was boring Parkys tactics worked a treat,so you're right in that it's what he wanted. I was giving him and them huge credit for a total job on us as they got everything right. I said to my young un at full time that if we lived in Bolton we would noy follow the local team which is a measure of how awful they are to watch. That said,the onus was on us and think what you like we were not quick enough anywhere on the park to trouble them beyond Leons one on one. Poor crossing,reidiculous overplaying it and committed defending showed we are a way off the real deal.
    All said I would have snatched your hand off for our league position and overwhelmingly great performances so far.

Chuffin hell Charlie don't agree wi me,some will think you're an idiot. It was a poor game but as i've said we had enuff opportunities to have won,by deliverin better crosses and finishin the good passes/crosses that did happen.It was very frustratin just what the borin Parky wanted. UTCB
    Just saying what I saw. Donaldson was in a good scoring position but miss hit his shot. Been told this morning by a fellow Blade that that’s the worse we’ve played under Wilder Just shows how opinions differ Rod

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    He’s not been right for weeks Chippy, he doesn’t seem to have the confidence to beat a player and get to the byline right now like he was earlier in the season. Maybe he’s carrying a knock, he’s definitely not 100% and yet he rarely gets mentioned.

Like the OP said, Bolton did a job on us but we didn’t seem to have the wherewithal to change things yesterday. They put an extra player out wide to stop our wingbacks and WCB’s getting crosses in and that seemed to nullify any sharp passing moves. Some crosses came in but they were ponderous allowing their defence to set themselves up until later in the game when they tired and Baldock came more and more into it, but even then none of the team seemed to be on their game do anything with them. They’d not just lost their shooting boots, they’d lost their trapping and passing boots as well almost to a man. Lundstram went back to his early form and Fleck played as though he hadn’t had a break in month, not just back after a 3 match ban.The only players who showed anything for me were Stearman, Baldock and Duffy in patches, even Clarke spent most of the game trying to stop the ball running away from him even if he put in the effort and the two misses were shocking by his standards.

As for Billy, it’s hard to know what to say about him, I also noticed that he was leaden footed when he could have picked up on a couple of half chances, I’m sure he could have done more with Clark’s first half miss and stopped the ball going for a corner at the very least. He’s in shocking form right now but he was up there with the Championship’s leading goal scorers in November with 8 goals and was very unlucky not to score a brace as recently as the Bristol game when I thought he played well. I can’t believe that any player suddenly ‘loses it’ for good halfway though a season, let alone one who’s just had the year of his lifetime. Maybe he’s not 100% or maybe there’s something happening behind the scenes we don’t know about? There’s certainly been a few other decent players out there in recent weeks (for example Stevens, O’Connel, Clarke and Brooks) who for me have not been at their best even if it’s not been as noticeable as Billy’s dip, and I’m not having it that’s it’s down to losing Coutts like some have said on other forums.

We’ll soon know if there’s anything negative going on behind the scenes, the windows almost open. I think what we do in it will tell us all we need to know. UTB.
    I think Billy has resorted to CH wrestling in the last few weeks Gray. He's backing into them, instead of doing what Billy does best which is collecting the ball and turning them in one move. He looks very frustrated at the moment. He got manhandled and just about assaulted at Preston but got ferk all off the ref. I think he lets it affect his game.

hes been absolutely fantastic for this club but i think his days as an automatic choice are over

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Easy mistake by many to assume Wright can't play in the team when we are playing against a team of umper lumpers. We beat Bolton away 0-1 earlier in the season back three CCV who made his debut, scored the winner and had his best game for us nullifying Pig Madine. LCB JOC another sterling game. Both youngsters coaxed through the game by Jake Wright. Of course another 6 foot 5 youngster Blackman was in goal and won everything in the air. Wright may have his limitations in the air and on the physical strength side but he brings organisation and confidence to the back line. We need to bring him back into the side until we find a younger replacement.
    But they didn't just lump it. They had one good chance and scored....we missed at least three certs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123