+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millmoor face lift

Millmoor face lift

Think it was Brin (as Brinnyboy) that started it
    Anyone else remember
    I was on Red Paint on turnstile duties
    Seem to re-call flags on Cowshed were provided/installed
    Anyone else involved ?

Indeed it was the man known as Brin and previously Brinnyboy that organised it. What a thoroughly enjoyable day it was! I worked on the big red gate on the right side and other entrances, the iron railings outside the old club shop and then some pillars over on the left. I remember I was in England on an extended business trip and had the weekend free so came up to Rotherham. Remember Big Rich was there, Steve Burns ( the lad that died a year or so back) Deano and several other old names from this forum who are sadly no longer contributing.

It certainly all looked a lot redder after we'd finished! The paint stained trousers I was wearing are still in my clothes cupboard somewhere...

You just have to keep them CT. Happy New Year mate.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    You just have to keep them CT. Happy New Year mate.
    I just have to stop Mrs CT throwing them out when she's in there looking for something to wash and iron, Sota...

All the best for 2018 to you, too, old lad. Trust you will be out celebrating with the great and the good of Sarasota tonight - big wedding anniversary, too, I see from FB!?

BramleyMiller58, I remember it all very well.
    It all started from me saying how tired and run down the old girl was looking and did anyone fancy throwing a few quid in to organise a painting party.

What a response from the initial £50 that set the ball rolling. Donations came from all over the place and many from abroad heh CTMiller?

One lady who slips my mind now (Beryl?) who I often spoke to even gave me her half time cup of tea money saying she hoped it helped. Bless her. I can see her face now, she use to speak with Foo a lot. Anyway I digress.

Some great names from the past that use to post on here attended, CTMIller has already named a few, Big rich, Deano, Stevemul etc and others like Foo, her hubby, Chubbs, Curly 9 and others I cannot at the moment recall. if you're reading this you know who you were.

Matthew Twigg delivered a load of pies as promised to keep the workers happy. Matthew Horner bought the new flags that adorned the stand on Millmoor Lane. Yours truly had the audacious task of putting them up there via a cherry picker....never again!

Phil Henson at the time thought it was a great gesture from all of the fans that turned up on the day. Yes it was a great day and those in attendance must have left Millmoor feeling proud of their achievements.
    Last edited by Brin; 02-01-2018 at 07:39 PM.

How very nice of you .
    I used to clean out the invalid bogs (shed) before every game. Just through shame .
    I was so embarresd..
    Not once a blue moon.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    How very nice of you .
    I used to clean out the invalid bogs (shed) before every game. Just through shame .
    I was so embarresd..
    Not once a blue moon.
    And you couldn't even climb out of the ground from the open top bogs as they had broken glass embedded into the cement that was set on the top layer of bricks.

But now they can't keep us in