+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which team will turn up tomorrow?

Which team will turn up tomorrow?

The one which should have been full of confidence after beating Morecambe? Or the one with shattered confidence after the shambolic display against Swindon? KN, you picked both teams, which one tomorrow?

I understand the disapointment.
    Try traveling there and back with with a 8 hour round trip.
    The performance was way below standards
    It was pretty much a mirror image of the crewe game.
    But
    Let's not get carried away and start lambasting the team and individuals
    It's division 2 football and players to suit.
    Consistency of playing good honest gutsy football with get you promotion.
    We are four points clear of third place and believe it or not in a damn good position.
    We looked very leggy yesterday in awful conditions
    But yet again Great vocal following and i applaud those that were in attendance.
    We move on and hope our home form rises to the top.
    3 points required v port vale
    Simple.
    Nothing to take from yesterday's game other than we should of been a point off Luton town.
    NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    But
    We are four points clear of third place and believe it or not in a damn good position.
    But yet again Great vocal following and i applaud those that were in attendance.
    Simple.
    Nothing to take from yesterday's game other than we should of been a point off Luton town.
    NEXT
    Spot on, so many people micro analyzing, it was going to happen sooner or later, and to be fair it happened to a very makeshift team because of injuries, square pegs in round holes. We are in an amazing position, the table says we are in a promotion position, draw a line under it, forget it, get down the lane tomorrow, get behind the team and be the 12th man, and start looking at the positives!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    But
    Simple.
    NEXT
    Amen.

As soon as I saw the bench I posted to the Match thread that I suspected KN was prepared to sacrifice the Swindon game in return for a good performance v Port Vale.

I hope he proves me right - a bit of a kick in the backside and a good start to the New Year might just the tonic to keep this success going - but of course much is going to depend also which Port Vale turns up, they may well fancy a win now.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    As soon as I saw the bench I posted to the Match thread that I suspected KN was prepared to sacrifice the Swindon game in return for a good performance v Port Vale.

I hope he proves me right - a bit of a kick in the backside and a good start to the New Year might just the tonic to keep this success going - but of course much is going to depend also which Port Vale turns up, they may well fancy a win now.
    .....at the moment there is only one Port Vale.....4 wins and 1 draw in their last 5 matches, including thumping the league leaders......Notts 1 win, 1 loss and 3 draws

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The one which should have been full of confidence after beating Morecambe? Or the one with shattered confidence after the shambolic display against Swindon? KN, you picked both teams, which one tomorrow?
    Hopefully one that plays it on the floor for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Hopefully one that plays it on the floor for a change...
    I would like to see that one too but it seems ingrained into Notts nowadays to play hoofball, even in the blustery conditions Saturday. I wasn't at either game but from the highlights I saw Swindon were no better than Morecambe, so what happened? No Shola and no Forte and Stead all on his own to receive the long ball, not one of his strengths, but there you go. We did have the shadow of an Alessandro who was the star player v Morecambe. We also had Walker, Saunders and Hodge, say no more. So our attack consisted of a sole striker and three/four also-rans who would all prefer the ball to their feet. Swindon had the wind as their twelfth man and Notts were beaten by their own tactics.

Swindon had the wind as their twelfth man and Notts were beaten by their own tactics.
    Did the wind change direction at half time along with the players?

I would like to see that one too but it seems ingrained into Notts nowadays to play hoofball, even in the blustery conditions Saturday. I wasn't at either game but from the highlights I saw Swindon were no better than Morecambe, so what happened? No Shola and no Forte and Stead all on his own to receive the long ball, not one of his strengths, but there you go. We did have the shadow of an Alessandro who was the star player v Morecambe. We also had Walker, Saunders and Hodge, say no more. So our attack consisted of a sole striker and three/four also-rans who would all prefer the ball to their feet. Swindon had the wind as their twelfth man and Notts were beaten by their own tactics.
    I am hoping that playing our B~team with poor tactics means that we have saved our A~game for Port Vale......we will definitely need it!!

14 hours to go.....bring it on....COYP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast