+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warburton gone

I came here for some rank bread puns, this is all a bit stale.

Nope. I've been saying for months he's unsuitable. I wanted him gone since October

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Well dcfc seems to think he's wonderful. It's only when you have him that you can truly know that he's way too inexperienced or naive.

Don't forget he's never won promotion, so to compare him with Rowett is laughable. I have always maintained that Rowett's the better manager.

You don't want Warburton anywhere near your club unless you're happy to be also rans.
    I may be wrong but I thought he got Brentford up (he certainly did very well with them) and did a League and Cup double with Rangers. Okay, I’ll admit it didn’t take a genius to get a club the size of Rangers up but he seemed to do at least as well as could be expected. He also kept your shower up when they looked doomed at the back end of last season.
    Anyway, you are ‘also rans’...so are we for that matter...in the grand football scheme of things. Still think you’ve made - yet another - big mistake.

Of course we are also rans, but to suggest he's made progress is rather strange. Don't forget he had a good 3 months to keep us safe and only did so in the last game. There were several games earlier where the chance to secure safety could have and should have been attained.
    Take away last season, we have been nothing but also rans, mid table thereabouts, which is where we are today. I don't see this as progress, almost every other manager has done the same. But the worrying thing is the spate of losses we have attained under his management which should justify his dismissal. At the rate we have been playing, getting worse with each passing week, another relegation battle would be the inevitable result.

And yes, he's not gained promotion with Brentford to the Prem. What he did in League One is inconsequential. What he achieved in Scotland is also not the yardstick which Rangers would expect, no where near Celtic. Ok he won the Scottish Cup, their League Cup is really a tin pot tournament. But winning the Scottish Cup is nothing much to crow about when the team he was had was tasked with narrowing the gap with Celtic, something he failed in by a wide margin.

To use all this and suggest he's a fantastic manager, the best we had in a decade is strange, to suggest he's as good as Rowett and other managers who have achieved promotion from this division is laughable. He's no where close to any of them. He's more suited to a club like Burton, getting them in Tier 2 and keeping them there. This he can do. Beyond that, he's tactically naïve and has still some ways to go before 1 can say he's in the same standard as Rowett, Lambert, Monk and Pearson. And dcfc wanting him here? You gotta be joking. You must hope he never comes, because when if he does, then you'll find out pretty quickly, he's not equipped for a demanding job like Derby.

Forest are not anywhere close to Derby in recent seasons, he was appointed and backed and failed. If he can fail at Forest, I fail to see how dcfc thinks he can succeed at Derby?

Come on then Romanis the Notts Florist fan and blatantly obvious Derby closet fan lol... whats going on at the City Ground ?.
    Was he doing that bad a job, depending on what Florist's hopes and expectations were for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Come on then Romanis the Notts Florist fan and blatantly obvious Derby closet fan lol... whats going on at the City Ground ?.
    Was he doing that bad a job, depending on what Florist's hopes and expectations were for this season.
    Primary expectation is to do better than Barnsley.
    I've been saying for months, he's a 1 track pony. I dunno why he was appointed in the first place. Failed at Rangers and given the gig here. God help us, if Simon Grayson is appointed.

Well I didnt know that 'Larry' Grayson had been mentioned, but our boss Paul Hecky (the messiah to some of our fans lol) has also been mentioned. Cant you lot tempt Cluffy Jnr back, you know he wants to really lol.

I think 'Non League Nigel' would secure a better defense than Warburton. Maybe that's what we need, somebody to stabilise the club.
    I'm unlike other Forest fans, I think the 'Forest way' of playing passing football is a myth. I'd rather see us a defensively strong and be hard to beat and build from there.
    We are just lucky that there some clubs that are worse than us at the moment. To underline Warburton's failure, just look at Brentford, we beat them away in the early part of the season and look where they are compared to us now. If this (our position) is considered progress, it's a joke. Brentford have improved, we have not.

With the exception of Grayson, I'm happy with any single one of the names linked with us, including even Mike Phelan and Steve McClaren.

But you said, ‘don’t forget he’s never won promotion’. He has, and he took Brentford - a natural lower league club - to their highest ever League position. There’s a limit to what you can achieve at Brentford...or at Rangers, given the circumstances, come to that.
    He took over at Forest when they were on the brink. This was always going to be a season of consolidation and he was promised ‘time’. He’s had about seven months of actual football season, he saved you once and you’re not really in trouble this season...be careful what you wish for.

Id forgot that actually, that Notts & Brum both scraped up on the last day of last season and surely that was the main aim at both clubs, to begin with.
    We might often say that clubs like Brentford can and only will ever go so far, but they keep on surprising us so called bigger clubs dont they. But surely Romano, are you really happy with the mention of Larry & McLaren ?.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)