+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warburton gone

MOP Pearson managing in Belgium second division with OH LEUVEN. so it must be Clements 😣

Karanka top of the list with the bookies it seems, they could do worse!

Been reading a lot of their forums today and its back to the Martin O'neil and Nigel Clough in the 'who do we want threads'

Read a good thread about warburton vs rowett - I'm glad we got warburton, that one made me laugh

Snippets from others...

'I think that us and Derby are about equal at the moment and will both finish mid table but the style of play is poles apart. Their regime is a bit more unstable than ours though'

'I think we'll smash the ****s next week, I'm usually edgy & expect the worst in these games but this time I know we're gonna take em apart on their own filthy **** heap'

'They are f****** **** with a hoofball manager'

'Unfortunately they will get better I suspect. Probably fall short of the playoffs though which for the money they have spunked over the last couple of years is a poor return'

'I suppose in relative terms , Derby getting better means they are elevated from being really s*** to just s***'

'Aye... I think you're right, but still glad we didn't end up with Zzzzzzzzz Rowett.'

'They are a work in progress like us, but ultimately we're "trying" to play an attractive passing game, and they are turning out 20% possession against relegation threatened Brentford. Far happier with where we are headed compared to them.'

'Didnt want Rowett, so happy we didnt get Rowett, even happier when the sheep got Rowett, still happy the sheep got Rowett.'

'Just in the time for him to get sacked after we beat them? Mad Mel surely doesn't have that much tolerance.'

'Fun fact: We have more points in the first 18 matches under Warbs than Derby do with Rowett. Derby have also conceded more goals

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Karanka top of the list with the bookies it seems, they could do worse!

Been reading a lot of their forums today and its back to the Martin O'neil and Nigel Clough in the 'who do we want threads'

Read a good thread about warburton vs rowett - I'm glad we got warburton, that one made me laugh

Snippets from others...

'I think that us and Derby are about equal at the moment and will both finish mid table but the style of play is poles apart. Their regime is a bit more unstable than ours though'

'I think we'll smash the ****s next week, I'm usually edgy & expect the worst in these games but this time I know we're gonna take em apart on their own filthy **** heap'

'They are f****** **** with a hoofball manager'

'Unfortunately they will get better I suspect. Probably fall short of the playoffs though which for the money they have spunked over the last couple of years is a poor return'

'I suppose in relative terms , Derby getting better means they are elevated from being really s*** to just s***'

'Aye... I think you're right, but still glad we didn't end up with Zzzzzzzzz Rowett.'

'They are a work in progress like us, but ultimately we're "trying" to play an attractive passing game, and they are turning out 20% possession against relegation threatened Brentford. Far happier with where we are headed compared to them.'

'Didnt want Rowett, so happy we didnt get Rowett, even happier when the sheep got Rowett, still happy the sheep got Rowett.'

'Just in the time for him to get sacked after we beat them? Mad Mel surely doesn't have that much tolerance.'

'Fun fact: We have more points in the first 18 matches under Warbs than Derby do with Rowett. Derby have also conceded more goals
    Can honestly say reading that has made me feel sooooooooo Good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MOP Pearson managing in Belgium second division with OH LEUVEN. so it must be Clements ��
    The day is getting better!

There was a constant desire under Warburton to keep playing short passing football, even if it put one of your team-mates under pressure on the edge of your own box. It didn’t always work – it sometimes put the defence under pressure needlessly.

This was what was summed up after today's 0-0 draw at Leeds.
    I dunno, you all seem to think Mark Warburton was a great manager for us.
    Perhaps he was initially but things just went awry with his strange tactics and inconsistent selections. A Rangers fan expressed the same thing. He's good coming in and then starts to have lofty ideas about the kind of football he wants to see regardless of the team's ability or opponents style.

He had you mid table trying to implement a identity, this after finishing 4th bottom only surviving on goals scored last season, which strangely came about because of his attacking style. Hes been unfortunate to end up at two cesspit clubs, with ideas above their station. Id have had him here if we didnt get rowett, hes a good manager imo.

You may well get your wish 1 day. Rowett will eventually at some point leave Derby.
    And maybe you need to decipher things better.
    We didn't have lofty ideas about the kind of football we wanted.
    We wanted simple things, defending a lead, not conceding soft goals and making progress.
    It's he who even at Brentford wanted the attacking footy and insistence of a certain style irrespective of the personnel he had.
    But who knows maybe you'll get him someday and find out for yourself.
    Ex Forest managers ending up at Derby is not uncommon.
    I hope your wish will be granted in the future.

Hmmm your true colours emerging Romanus? Wishing a manager on us that isnt good enough for the lowly trees?

Time to go find another Board methinks, the welcome mat may be slipping from under your feet.

Well dcfc seems to think he's wonderful. It's only when you have him that you can truly know that he's way too inexperienced or naive.

Don't forget he's never won promotion, so to compare him with Rowett is laughable. I have always maintained that Rowett's the better manager.

You don't want Warburton anywhere near your club unless you're happy to be also rans.

I sense a little bit of bitterness

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)