+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This week

True James , need bodies in the door pronto , our two best players out long term , Thomson and the board have back Czaba or we will staying down again next season

Keatings has been a waste of a wage so far so don't see him being the one to step up when needed. We won't see anyone in before Tuesdays game so with the team down to the bones we are gonna be lucky to scrape a win against ****ing brechin city. We struggled to break them down twice before so without our two most creative players I fear the worst I'm afraid. I'd try throwing young Chalmers in as he at least has some energy about him

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The problem we have, whether guys want to believe it or not, is we're not an attractive club anymore like Hibs were this time last year. We have absolutely no chance of signing guys like Commons, Shinnie, Holt, Ambrose, Humphreys. It's gonna be bargain basement singings once again and we just have to hope that the manager has a good list of contacts and gets his signings right.
    It's nothing to do with being an 'attractive' club. It's down to money 100%. These guys will go anywhere if the money is right.

We need to make use of emergency loans as well as the transfer window then or we'll have no players left at this rate.

This is a huge month for Csaba - can he keep our title hopes on the road with the current injury ravaged squad? Can he persuade ST to give him the funds to boost the squad and give that injection of quality and experience?

Either way he’s going to need to play a stormer. Brechin, or any other game isn’t going to be easy with the squad we have at our disposal.

My confidence for the title is shattered at the moment, we are relying on us getting back into a decent run of results and hoping St Mirren don’t go on a winning streak.

Last years meltdoon in January is still fresh in the mind.

Time to go over to Sweden, Denmark & Norway. Pick up the Bosmans

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    It's nothing to do with being an 'attractive' club. It's down to money 100%. These guys will go anywhere if the money is right.
    Yeah and £3K a week is more attractive than £1K a week, would u not say? Hibs were still paying big amounts of cash in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    We need to make use of emergency loans as well as the transfer window then or we'll have no players left at this rate.
    Emergency loans during the transfer window? So just loans then? 🤣

From what I read on the SFA site and I might be wrong but we cannot get an emergency landing as we already have a player aged 23 or over on loan I.e. Sam Stanton. You are not allowed more than one player over 21 at the same time. So we would have to get a young boy from an EPL team or even anSPFL team. According to one of the above posts the manager is not looking for young boys.

Dundee United today recalled Cammy Ballantyne from his successful loan spell at Montrose.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...Y-DEPARTS.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)