+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for New Years Day

Team for New Years Day

GK Fitz

RB Tootle

CM Duffy if fit - or Hewitt

CM Brisley

LB Dicko

RM Hawkridge

CM Yates

CM Hewitt - or Alessandra

LM JONES

Number 10 role - Grant

CF / Target man - Ameobi if fit

Grant is wasted stuck out on left wing. Jones is far better there, and can chuck in a cracking cross.
    Walker has had,and wasted his chance, rather have Curtis Thompson in there tbh.

I'd give that a go too!

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    GK Fitz

RB Tootle

CM Duffy if fit - or Hewitt

CM Brisley

LB Dicko

RM Hawkridge

CM Yates

CM Hewitt - or Alessandra

LM JONES

Number 10 role - Grant

CF / Target man - Ameobi if fit

Grant is wasted stuck out on left wing. Jones is far better there, and can chuck in a cracking cross.
    Walker has had,and wasted his chance, rather have Curtis Thompson in there tbh.
    Yes, worth a try but I don't think I'd like to see it for a home game first. In effect we'd be picking 5 defenders, 4 mids and 1 36 yr-old up front. Eyes could be the bench pretty early.

Alessandra isn’t robust enough for central midfield for me, would play Hewitt and Yates there for sure even if it meant playing Bird or Hollis at centre back.

I would sooner have Curtis than either Hawkridge or Alessandra..

I think it will be back to basics.....Shola and Stead up front.....Jones at LB.....play Aless instead of Hawk on the RW.

No idea if Duffers is injured, if he is then drop Hewitt back into defence......try Grant in midfield and play both Aless and Hawk as the wingers......Grant is not really a tackler like Yates, but he can feed off the long~ball knock~downs from Shola

Walker had a decent game v Morecambe but Vale will be a different kettle of sardines.....so he needs to start on the bench until we see how Plan A is going.

Just watched the Vale v Luton highlights, Pope is on fire and they have a really tricky little winger that loves getting into the box, right handful......reminded me of that little Jones fella from the Coventry game

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would sooner have Curtis than either Hawkridge or Alessandra..
    You really are only (slightly) happy when Notts put in a bad performance, let me tell you that Notts will never be a Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man City. Why not make a New Years resolution to post a few positive comments? After all (and I know it pains you to see good stuff ) Notts are second in the league! Perhaps if we went back to the Trews and John Sheridan you maybe happier?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    You really are only (slightly) happy when Notts put in a bad performance, let me tell you that Notts will never be a Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man City. Why not make a New Years resolution to post a few positive comments? After all (and I know it pains you to see good stuff ) Notts are second in the league! Perhaps if we went back to the Trews and John Sheridan you maybe happier?
    He has a point though. Curtis was never going to be a world beater, but he always gave 100% and was a fairly solid performer. I'm surprised he hasn't been given even a chance this season, especially when our squad is spread so thin.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He has a point though. Curtis was never going to be a world beater, but he always gave 100% and was a fairly solid performer. I'm surprised he hasn't been given even a chance this season, especially when our squad is spread so thin.
    No one likes Curtis more than me, I thought he played even better when he played in his last games . However KN sees him in training and behind the scenes and for some reason which we don’t know doesn’t consider him a better option. You just can’t say he would be better without knowing the full facts, in KN we have to trust, some on here are always saying he’s doing this and that wrong even though we are sat second in the league. It will be interesting to see if we bring anyone in the transfer window, however we have to trust KN.

When Jones plays left back he gets up and down the wing and puts in some excellent crosses, this allows Grant to drift in side where he is far more dangerous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast