+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Nottingham Forest ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    wheres sugar lips? mustve finished his hamshank by now....
    Nice to see your subtle wit hasn't forsaken you this new year, sidesplitting, absolutely sidespl.........zzzzzzzzzzz (bit like today's "contest").

Roofe letting in water. Not an accomplished striker at this level. Lasogga? F me. Parcel up and send back tonight. Leather purse sows ear? Ayling definitely brings more than people give him credit for. Phillips needs a digging. Saiz and Hernandez are generally a level up.

Like I said before we're a slightly better than average team in a division full of average teams. So on some days we get the run of the ball and win (Hull, Norwich), in others we don't (Brum and today). With a bit of luck it would have been 2-0 - Roofe isn't a crap striker, Hernandez neither, but they're not Aguero either. Saiz is good, but he's not great (some of his decision making isn't that great). Our defence is solid at this level, but will make the odd mistake, sometimes it costs us sometimes it doesn't. And O'Kane does some good things as well as some not so good, same Veira and Phillips. The positive is that it's looking very unlikely that any other team apart from Wolves is significantly better than us, so as long as we keep chipping away we might well still have a chance of top six (or even top two) come May.

And in terms of strengthening in this window, do we have the resources to pay the transfer fees and wages needed to sign the type of players which are absolutely definitely going to improve on what we've got ? (I'd guess for that guarantee we're looking at players in the £8-£10m bracket). I'm not so sure, Radz is no sheikh or oligarch, and we've got no parachute payments, so to get that 'top striker' and 'midfield general' what is the likelihood of £15m+ being spent. And if we're shopping with no more than a couple of million are we really going to get what we need ? Just as an example, look how much Sheff Wed spent last January, or Boro this summer. So yes it's frustrating, but actually it's probably about as good as anyone could reasonably expect.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Roofe letting in water. Not an accomplished striker at this level. Lasogga? F me. Parcel up and send back tonight. Leather purse sows ear? Ayling definitely brings more than people give him credit for. Phillips needs a digging. Saiz and Hernandez are generally a level up.
    I was referring to ayling needing a rest as he's played so much. Lasogga and roofe def ok at this level and agree saiz sometimes above. But Hernandez plays for us for the reason this is his level.

No Billy I was p issed off not hungover. We do have some decent players but I don't rate TC at all. Who makes our decisions? I couldn't believe we let Bridcut go but gave Sacko a new contract. I mean bring on Sacko before Cbicki, wtf?? My son could tell you when Sackos coming on, 80th min or there about every time. So predictable. Phillips shouldn't be allowed to shoot, its just another form of giving away possession. Happy New Year ( I know I'm a grumpy, negative bassa)

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    No Billy I was p issed off not hungover. We do have some decent players but I don't rate TC at all. Who makes our decisions? I couldn't believe we let Bridcut go but gave Sacko a new contract. I mean bring on Sacko before Cbicki, wtf?? My son could tell you when Sackos coming on, 80th min or there about every time. So predictable. Phillips shouldn't be allowed to shoot, its just another form of giving away possession. Happy New Year ( I know I'm a grumpy, negative bassa)
    "Who makes our decisions", you need to ask? Christiansen has no more say over who we have acquired than Hockaday did under the mad Italian, and is probably "helped" in coaching matters by those who do.

We fund a second tier Spanish club by providing feedstock for.........who? Leeds? Really?

We hoover up second tier cast offs from around Europe and elsewhere in the hope (surely not expectation?????) that one or more might actually be good enough. So far, Saiz and (imho) Alioski are hthe only ones anywhere near the quality we require. All the other incomers since Radrizzani took full ownership are simply not good enough consistently and the manager/coach is (perhaps forced to be) strategically naive and tactically predictable.

We have just played (badly) against two of the weakest teams in the division and come away with 1 point. Those in charge of the club (if they truly have the club's interests at heart rather than short term boosts to their bank accounts), need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Who makes our decisions", you need to ask? Christiansen has no more say over who we have acquired than Hockaday did under the mad Italian, and is probably "helped" in coaching matters by those who do.

We fund a second tier Spanish club by providing feedstock for.........who? Leeds? Really?

We hoover up second tier cast offs from around Europe and elsewhere in the hope (surely not expectation?????) that one or more might actually be good enough. So far, Saiz and (imho) Alioski are hthe only ones anywhere near the quality we require. All the other incomers since Radrizzani took full ownership are simply not good enough consistently and the manager/coach is (perhaps forced to be) strategically naive and tactically predictable.

We have just played (badly) against two of the weakest teams in the division and come away with 1 point. Those in charge of the club (if they truly have the club's interests at heart rather than short term boosts to their bank accounts), need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Happy New Year!
    But other than that you are happy?

Yesterday and against brum just shows you how lacking in depth and quality we really are..but we already knew before didn't we.

The need for a left back is now pretty desperate and we need another Centre back..get Clayton back if he's available from boro..and a striker.

Season is gonna fizzle out if we ain't careful..just like last season.

Rev, you better lay off the booze if you think Clayton is the answer....

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Rev, you better lay off the booze if you think Clayton is the answer....
    Seems we are after him BB and he would add a bit of metal int midfield don't yer think?

And another thing..its what we can afford.
    Last edited by Rev72; 02-01-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)