+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Nottingham Forest ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United - v - Nottingham Forest ***Matchday Thread***

Samu Saiz is expected to return to Leeds' starting line-up against managerless Nottingham Forest, live on Sky Sports Football.

The Spanish playmaker was not risked from the start as the Whites slipped to a 1-0 defeat at Birmingham on Saturday, having struggled with a calf problem, but he came on to good effect and is likely to regain his place.

Ronaldo Vieira missed the game at St Andrew's after sustaining a knock against Burton and he will be assessed.

Boss Thomas Christiansen will hope to have Eunan O'Kane back in his squad after he also missed the trip to the Midlands.

Nottingham Forest caretaker manager Gary Brazil could bring Liam Bridcutt back into his side for the trip to the midfielder's former club.

Brazil will take charge after Mark Warburton was sacked on New Year's Eve after nine months at the helm, and could make changes after Saturday's defeat.

It is thought Bridcutt was absent from Saturday's 1-0 defeat at home to Sunderland as he is one yellow card away from a second suspension of the season.

David Vaughan replaced him against the Black Cats after returning from a knock and will hope to be involved once again, while Daryl Murphy also came back into the Reds line-up at the weekend and could keep his place.

Leeds haven't won both league matches against Forest in a single season since 1971/72 when they were managed by Don Revie.

Forest have lost their last two league games against Leeds since a run of eight without defeat between December 2012 and August 2016.

Leeds have won their last two home league matches 1-0 - they haven't won three in a row by that score since October 1980.

Forest have kept one clean sheet in their last away 19 matches in all competitions, a 1-0 win at Sunderland in September 2017.

The Whites have won each of their last six league matches played on a Monday in the month of January, most recently a 3-0 win over Rotherham in January last year.

Prutton's prediction

That was a hugely frustrating defeat for Leeds against Birmingham after such a good run of form. But there will always be setbacks in the Championship and Nottingham Forest at home presents a great opportunity for them to bounce back.

Forest - who have now sacked Mark Warburton - have been on a difficult run themselves but I fancy them to earn a draw.

3 - 0 Leeds (if Saiz starts ffs).

MOT.

One of our best performances this season was against florests, same again will do nicely

Despite the sh1te tactics from TC and performance from the players at Birmingham I fully expect a 2/3 nil win.

I can understand why TC went with the lineup he did vs Birmingham, but now at home with a fully fit Saiz again, we should be too strong for forest, as I said, if we play our best, we will win

As always....I expect a win......mind, I expect to get laid every night, don't seem to work out either still trying to throw some kind of blame on someone for that one!!!

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    As always....I expect a win......mind, I expect to get laid every night, don't seem to work out either still trying to throw some kind of blame on someone for that one!!!

MOT
    Have a word with Mrs O George..lol

A nice lass indeed Alf......but I've seen pics of her other half, a pure animal!!! Likes to throw rocks about and the like.
    Frankie says......"isn't that right Mrs O?"

I am defo outta of it......when I get up we will have three points and Mrs O would have booked a one way trip to Haida Gwaii. my kayak is waiting.

Hungover.com

Please..no shouting

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)