+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Nottingham Forest ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Either at the ground, (home or away) or on the box, I suspect I see as much, if not more than you do, and we are NOT competitive. We

have performed abysmally over that last fortnight and our wins were fortuitous, not the result of domination that the league position might suggest.

"The back four are solid"?? Delusional again, they are not solid, they are scared!

And why am I exercised about this signing? You're spot on, (about the "foreign" thing), but as usual wide of the mark. Its the paucity of ideas, the impecunity of the clubs funding, the myopia regarding where they look for new talent, and the repetition of failed initiatives that pi55es me off, none of which has anything to do with the nationality of the new player.
    I've been as disappointed as anyone with some of our recent performances, but if we weren't at least competitive this season, wouldn't we be in the bottom six instead of the top six???

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I've been as disappointed as anyone with some of our recent performances, but if we weren't at least competitive this season, wouldn't we be in the bottom six instead of the top six???
    Lucky is not the same as competitive.

So do you reckon all 13 wins so far have been lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    So do you reckon all 13 wins so far have been lucky?
    No, but at least 4 have. And how long do you expect "lucky" to last as a playing strategy?

No, but at least 4 have. And how long do you expect "lucky" to last as a playing strategy?
    There were probably a couple we drew that I thought we deserved to win also, having the better of the game. But...let's say you are right and were lucky to win 4 of them. We'd probably still earn a point from those in most instances....and added to the 9 wins, would still give us enough points to be mid table somewhere. Whether I thought that was acceptable or not, I would still say that we were at least "competitive" to be in that area. Particularly with half the teams still below us! To be "uncompetive" would mean we wouldn't be able to compete against anyone in this league. 😮 Maybe your choice of wording was a little over the top?...

And why am I exercised about this signing? You're spot on, (about the "foreign" thing), but as usual wide of the mark. Its the paucity of ideas, the impecunity of the clubs funding, the myopia regarding where they look for new talent, and the repetition of failed initiatives that pi55es me off, none of which has anything to do with the nationality of the new player.
    Swallowing a dictionary and spouting sh yte doesn't make you right - just fecking ludicrous
    Sad-sack

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    made me chuckle that did!
    the boy brings it on himself though, have you seen his comments on the thread regarding the new lad?
    19 yrs old, big central defensive unit, scandinavian, those of a positive persuassion might think we are looking at the next 10 years, a partnership to rival Woody/Ferdinand..... but this tool is slagging him off before hes kicked a ball.
    Last three years he's been on one at every single opportunity, Foreigners, Investment, Managers, Owners, lack of effort, no tactical nous, **** second raters, yada yada

He's never going to change or be happy with anything LUFC - Like i've said before his missus must have a dreadful time at home listening to his doom and gloom.....,

Anyway, can't chit chat - gotta get myself off to Cuba...

Thing is though, what has a lot of these posts got to do with the forest match?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Swallowing a dictionary and spouting sh yte doesn't make you right - just fecking ludicrous
    Sad-sack
    Your opinion BB (maybe others), do I care? Errrrr.....not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Thing is though, what has a lot of these posts got to do with the forest match?
    It started out as a discussion on the game and how sh1te we were, then the reasons, then how to address the problems, then how ludicrous my comments are = same sh1t, different day.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)