+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: atmosphere at the lane

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Should charge a premuim for end of row seats, missing a big opportunity there.
    I like the end peg TT. Unfortunately we were told it wasn't available when I got my season ticket and yet strangely enough, I've just got my Bro in law a ticket for the Villa game and it was free.

By the way, for any Pig who thinks our seats are cheap, that cost me £26 + £1 online booking of an OAP concession.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Football means less to people than is used to doesn't it?
    As much to the affficionados as ever H but there are so many more choices and different expectations from family life etc.

As a kid could you ever have imagined shopping being classed as a leisure activity????

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Football means less to people than is used to doesn't it?
    It certainly means less to me nar than it did before i became a hubby & dad Herby,that said i still luv my club.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Oh dear those terrible miners and their bad language! must be awful for you! I'd much sooner hear that than fu ck all. Get over yourself.
    Granddad and my Dad were miners but neither of them used pit language at home - I never heard either of them, or anyone else in my
    family swear. They would never contemplate using any type of bad language in front of a women or in public. Me and mine have been brought up the same. They had standards and so do I........each to their own.

When I played I have been known to utter a few choice words at certain times and when any DIY goes wrong as it does from time to time. I know the words and their meaning but limit the usage but others do not.

You must think I don't have a right to my opinion U*O

Even a lot of those who do turn up and those you would expect to care barely seem to give a f**ck these days.

You see people on their phones all the time at the back of the Kop, never singing (obviously) and barely celebrating when we score.

The real hardcore are becoming a smaller and smaller minority.

well from where we sit on the kop seems to be vocal support from only 3 areas gangways c f and g on kop and g and h on the south the 2 sections on the kop are often singing different songs at the same time but there seems to be no other parts of the ground that gives the team any kind of vocal support really cant understand it when i think back 10 or 12 years when the lane used to be rocking in most games and was very intimidating for visiting teams

ok it might upset some of us on here - but does this lack of vocal support upset the players?

it wouldnt hurt the players monte if there was more vocal support mind some big big games coming up at the lane so surely the volume will go up ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    ok it might upset some of us on here - but does this lack of vocal support upset the players?
    No. They hate it when 28000 Blades shout,sing,intimidate the opposition and roar them home.
    If you'd ever heard Sinclair say "Be the 12th man" at every home match you'd know. Maybe you're still having a nap before the prawn sandwich.

People in football refer to the impact of support far too often for it to be immaterial.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast