+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emergency loan xi required

Emergency loan xi required

Omitting the two goalies & Ballantyne on loan we have an 18-man squad according to the official site.
    An incredible ELEVEN of them have suffered LONG-TERM injury absences in the first half of the season -
    Murdoch
    Toshney
    Scobbie
    Quinn
    Edje
    Flood
    Stanton
    Fraser
    Fyvie
    Briels
    Keaings
    The 7 players who haven't had major injury issues are -
    Durnan
    Robson
    Allardice
    McMullan
    King
    McDonald
    Smith

Out of your 7, i think only McDonald has not been dropped or missed a game or 2 through injury and i would have listed Smith as one of the long term injured.

I expect that most seasons in the past that we would have had similar issues, but this season, the small squad brings it more into focus when the 2 best players are not not available to us. Im sure Shabba has his list, but the column at the end might be putting someone off!

What total clusterphuk this year has been. Hopefully our luck turns soon.
    All the best for a good new year Arabs everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Out of your 7, i think only McDonald has not been dropped or missed a game or 2 through injury and i would have listed Smith as one of the long term injured.

I expect that most seasons in the past that we would have had similar issues, but this season, the small squad brings it more into focus when the 2 best players are not not available to us. Im sure Shabba has his list, but the column at the end might be putting someone off!
    If I've forgotten about Smith & he's in the wrong category that makes it 12 long-term injuries out of 18 & I can never remember an injury situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    If I've forgotten about Smith & he's in the wrong category that makes it 12 long-term injuries out of 18 & I can never remember an injury situation like that.
    Im just wondering where your list is at now? I hope that Durnan has not been knobbled by the BC No10 or we will be looking for a full new spine for our team in this window!

And what has happened to Murdoch as i fully expected him to be on the bench at least today.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)